Thread: The Domes
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 08:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
Evan definitely wasn't offending her in any way. Valentina reached out to hesitantly pat the kitten on the back, looking up at the ravenclaw with a smile. "Well, my friends usually call me Val but I don't mind being called Valentina either. It's just something that I'm not really used to." Her parents called her Tina at times so.. she kind of had a few nicknames. She wondered if Evan had any but doubted it. Ev, maybe. But Evan sounded a lot better.

"I prefer the room of requirement. It's the most convenient for me." Empty classrooms were slightly problematic because people preferred to study there sometimes and she didn't particularly like to practice in front of an audience. "That sounds like fun! My family and I went to the beach for a few days." Baylen's wedding was amazing too. She danced the rest of the summer away, basically.
That would have made him much more relieved to know that, as his upbringing had always been about courtesy and respect and he really attempted to consider other peoples feelings. Even when he, himself, was not good at feelings. "Oh, okay!" So it sounded like she didn't have a preference, in which case he probably would shorten to Val as well given it was much easier to say. "I can understand that. People usually prefer to shorten names. That's the benefit of already having a short one, I suppose." Sometimes people just called him 'Nam' too, but there were two other of those within the school so that could easily get confused.

"That makes sense. What do you usually transform the room too? A dance studio or a performance stage?" Were he to trust using the room, he wondered what he'd actually want to transform it to himself. Maybe his family's home in Korea? Or Chase's dance studio? Though he supposed both of those options would also just make him feel homesick for his family. "Did you go boating or anything at the beach too or just soak up some sun?" Beach visits were the best part of summer, and he usually found himself curling up in the sand with a book. And depending on if his sister's were there too, he'd also help put together sandcastles.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start