Thread: Staff Table
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 12:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default He's been here the whole time! *whistles innocently*
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Would there ever be a nice, quiet term at Hogwarts? Norman thought as he'd entered the great hall. Probably not… in the past two terms, he'd seen a blood supremacist takeover and an evil healer basically drugging the students. Of course, it was nothing the battle-hardened ex-MACUSA Auror couldn't handle. He was more concerned for the kids… not that he would ever let on. Softer emotions like that were best left hidden deep in his heart where they belonged!

“Good evening, all,” he’d greeted his colleagues upon arrival, taking his seat at the far end of the table. His aquamarine eyes scanned the table, observing the people gathered. So many new faces this term… and most of them in close proximity to him! Was he supposed to be a one-man welcome wagon? He mentally ran through the names… Javier, Rosalie, Simon, and Mia and Winston at the other end. See? He remembered. He may be solitary, but he wasn’t oblivious. He gave each of the new staff a polite nod of acknowledgement but for the time being said nothing. If any of them wanted to engage in conversation, they were free to approach him, but… let’s just say small talk wasn’t his strong suit.

Malachi’s words also received a nod. Right… the same Board of Governors who dumped that perky peppy Poppy on them last term. Call him cynical, but he didn’t have high hopes for this project. From everything he’d heard about it, it sounded completely unnecessary, but who was he to argue? The thought crossed his mind to ask Malachi if he’d like some assistance in greeting the Board when they arrived, but there was no point in shouting down the table. It could wait. Instead, he turned his attention to the house tables, the Ravenclaw one in particular. No shenanigans yet as far as he could see… good!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...