Thread: Portfolio: a pinch of salt
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 05:28 AM   #114 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emzily View Post
*pitches a tent here* THIS PLACE IS AMAZING. *flails at all of the pretties*

;______; this is precious. I’m dying to get into art like this. You’re very talented, my dear!
omg thank you lovely *sprinkles you in * there are some things I wish had come out cleaner and my hands had cooperated with the image in my head, but still one of my favorite duo chibis I have ever drawn bit rough from the waist down

Sketchtember "Night"

click for larger view

inspiration SSRPG character Cooper Branxton (sweetpinkpixie)
materials Ohuhu brush tip markers, copic fine inking pens 0.3, POCSA fine tip pens

It has been a minute since I have cracked open my sketchbook and really sat down to draw anything and OOF do I feel it With Seektober just around the corner, I wanted to do a bit of a fun warm up and when I found out that Sketchtember was a thing, well, bada bing bada boom...here we are

I always work best when I have a certain approach to things, so this time I wanted to take on an art challenge through the perspective of my characters. So, with a random generator, I threw all their names into the interwebs and let it spit out a list in random order. First up was Cooper Branxton (my 6th year Ravenclaw) and my first prompt was "night".

Cooper has an adoration for mythology and Divination, so night immediately made me think of all those gods and goddesses associated with the heavens. Cooper does tend to favor Greek mythology, so I refreshed my memory on Tarot and when The Moon popped up, well, it all came together. Cooper has always wanted to create his own Tarot deck, but using his black and white photography as a medium and I wanted to go there but be begged me not to just yet because it would be "too embarrassing" and he hadn't fully decided on the composition of each card. Ravenclaws, am I right?

So, on this 'The Moon' card, you see an interpretation of the goddess Selene with two crescent moons in different phases on either side. My POSCA pen kind of exploded and ruined the hand (which I am already terrible at drawing) so that's an area that makes me cringe. I added white POSCA down first and then added silver and gold on top of that.

This is a 30 day challenge so...wish me luck? Inspiration came SUPER each for this one ... may all visuals come so easily

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote