View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 08:53 PM   #25 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: The king of flowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
Henry was in the middle of deciding whether he preferred a shade of purple over a shade of pink when Ash struck up a conversation with him. Which he's not opposed to! The Hufflepuff enjoyed talking with people, stranger or not, and so the real question was if the other person would be able to handle him. However, when it came to Ash, he supposed, the tables turned. She had lots to express, and that's saying something. "Oh! Well, I'm not really sure yet!" Henry replied and held up both paints in his hands. "I was thinking of just painting only one half of my face, but I haven't settled on anything. Maybe flowers or something sparkly." He was really into the glitter these days, if that wasn't obvious at school when he messed around with sparkly eyeliner. "Butterflies are pretty too! Would you like help with them?" Artsy fartsy Henry liked helping with anything creative.

He then turned towards Ash's dad! Who...turned out to NOT be his dad. Henry's eyes widened at the self-realisation and felt almost sheepish. He instead let out an easy chuckle. "Hiya! Sorry, I honestly thought you were Ash's dad. Nice to meet you!" Henry held both the paints with one hand in order to shake Dustin's hand with his free one. "Butterflies of all colours are pretty!" Henry said with a bright smile. Blue, it is, if that is what bodyguard Dustin desired! "Should I go for purple or pink, though?" He wiggled out the paints towards Ash and Dustin. A second and a third opinion always mattered!

"You would have to unite all three of your realms, then!" Henry suggested eagerly. His parents were an author-illustrator duo, and he felt that would be something his parents would do to make the story work. Isn't that how it is, though? Like, for real? Right?? And then he was offered the title! Henry had never thought of it! "Do the butterflies want me as their leader??" Because that was the REAL question.

Ash grinned. "Flowers? Ooooooh. You can have purple AND pink flowers!" Dustin nodded and grinned as well. Of COURSE he did. He was having wayyy too much fun with this. He wasn't supposed to have more fun than her... well, that's what she got for going to the facepaint station. "I could use some help. I can't decide on a color for the butterflies... purple maybe? Or pink? Rainbow? Does it need sparkles? Maybe just a plain gray to match my dress? I think that could be actually really cool and understated."

Dustin considered. "Gray would look really good. Or you could always get matching blue like me. Henry, there's no reson why you can't get BOTH colors, is there?" He smiled.

Nooooo, she couldn't MATCH. It wouldn't be as cool!!! She did like the gray idea though... "Oh, Father isn't here. I think Dustin is actually pretending to be my dad right now... you can stop looking so pleased with yourself." She poked Dustin.

Dustin was actually very proud of himself. Yes, he was pretending to be Ashley's dad. And this kid had fallen for it. HA. He was the best semi-'undercover' bodyguard ever. "No problem, Henry. That's what you're supposed to think." Ow! He poked Ashley back. His job description said that he had to be a bodyguard and a parental figure. And as a parental figure, it was his job to keep Ashley Fox from doing dumb things. Like poking him!

Ow! Okay, okay, that was fair. "I THINK the butterflies like me..." She worriedly looked at Dustin for confirmation. He rolled his eyes and nodded. "...and I like being the queen of butterflies. Maybe you can be the king of colorful flowers that butterflies like! That means we can be allies!" Because obviously they weren't supposed to be enemies. They both liked facepaint. And they were both awesome. See? It was meant to be.