View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 01:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Brody
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Broody arched an eyebrow. He had been looking directly at Kalen so the fact that Kalen had been startled did not go unmissed. The other eyebrow went up at that very obvious squeak. For these reactions, Brody would chalk it up to the other young man being startled by his sudden appearance. With his eyebrows back in place, Brody lips curved into a smirk just because he felt like it.
Had Kalen asked if Brody really thought that he was handsome, Brody would have answered truthfully with a calm ‘Yes’. He further remained silent because he couldn’t get a word in. Not with Kalen running his mouth so much. “You didn’t talk this much that day at the other fountain when your friend was with us,” he pointed out, not caring if Kalen figured out that Brody knew he possibly made Kalen nervous.

The smirk vanished as he gazed at the shrouded Fountain. “Drama,’’ Brody replied. “On the day of the orientation. The water from the witch’s and wizard’s wand somehow formed the shape of the Deathly Hallows. Oh, and the water turned bright crimson. Doubt you wanted to throw your coin in blood- coloured water.” As usual, Brody was uncomfortable speaking of any Dark Magic happenings, given the events that occurred months ago.

The DIMC Coordinator turned to Kalen once more. “So… chicken pox. Are you sure you’re not overthinking this, pretty boy?’’ he asked delicately.

Brody’s eyes were big when he did that. Did he know that? Kinda like a owl. Who knew the man was so expressive? Kalen didn’t. In every encounter they had, Brody seemed so… stoic. Kalen realized he was staring and licked his lips a little. ”Umm….” Was he smirking? Ok. Now Kalen felt like Brody was messing with him a little bit.

”Didn’t I?” He pushed up his sleeves a little. ”You’re probably the first person to say I don’t babble. Even my gir – Anna… well she says I babble. Although she thinks it’s cute. And nerdy. She calls me a nerd all the time.” Dear Merlin man… get it together. Brody probably didn’t want to hear about his girlfriend. No it didn’t occur to him that he failed to finish the word ‘girlfriend’ either. Oh great Potter’s ghost, she was going to kill him if she ever found out. ”It’s because I read. A – lot. Mostly for school, but I also like fict-Drama?” And then that smirk was gone and Brody’s stoic look was back.

Crimson water? Well, didn’t that sound delightful. He shoved his knut back into his pants pocket. It seemed he wasn’t going to be able to toss his ceremonial coin into the fountain today. ”Where you there?” he asked turning to face the man. He was surprised to find he kind of hoped Brody hadn’t been.

And then Brody was facing him. He swallowed hard. ”Well, yeah. And no- maybe… I don’t know!” He was getting a little flustered again. ”The one and only time I didn’t toss a coin in, I got chicken pox. It wasn’t pretty. Blotches all over, itching, fever, being too tired to read or sleep…have you ever gotten chicken pox?”