Thread: Ecological: Greenhouses
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 01:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
aRogueOne

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default Hopefully I got everyone in there alright and didn't miss anything?

SPOILER!!: Aurora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Flashing a glance over at Forrest again Aurora shook her head as she admitted truthfully to her colleague. "No, right now I can’t see the potential of that sapling. I’ll take your word for it though Forrest, that it’ll grow into something magnificent. How long do you think it will take before the sapling turns into something that looks more like a tree?" It wasn’t like seeing a newly baby born dragon come to life that you knew from fact would grow into a beautiful and totally magnificent adult dragon.

Pausing for a moment, he did a few calculations in his head before replying to Aurora. “I mean, that depends on the amount of sun light and the nutrients its given. Without soil, a tree like this will need to receive plenty of nutrients in a different way. It’ll still be many, many years before it grows into something tall and majestic but it’ll get there.” Sometimes he was aware that he talked as if everyone were also experts and knew about the different nutritional value of plant food but this wasn’t one of those. He was simply far too excited to consider other people in this moment and quite honestly, it seemed a little obvious to him. This was a gravity-resistant tree? It didn't need planting because it didn't actually require earth to grow in? Was this not common knowledge?

SPOILER!!: Mr Parker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugglemad View Post
"Thank you Sir, I thought it best to be ready for anything" he told him as he listened to what his job for the day would be. He nodded and added "I would be happy to be part of the watering crew today!"

“Well you were right my boy. When dealing with magical plants and such, it’s always best to plan ahead” because you never know when one might just jump out and try to eat you or send you asleep. Then again, these were extreme cases although he almost wished they weren’t. Good natured fun seemed to be amiss at the ministry these days.

SPOILER!!: Miss Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Iliana smiled warmly at Mr. Roberts inviting attitude and kind words. "I would be very happy to help look after the tree anyway that I can." It was not only a part of her job to look after the plants and things here in the greenhouses but it was what she enjoyed doing as well. "That's perfectly fine. I'm sure we all can handle that." A very simple charm that she would have no trouble at all with.

"It's going to be a sight to be seen." Over many many many years. Iliana offered a light smile to the others that came into the greenhouse after her.

“That’s great to hear my dear” his smile wide and excited somewhat similar to a child in a sweet shop such was his enthusiasm for the tree. “I have full confidence in you Miss Flores and Mr Parker” because it truly was a simple job. Something that even a student at Hogwarts could do.

SPOILER!!: Mr McCarthy
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Gunnar was a Herbology enthusiast and quite skilled with the subject, even if he was ultimately placed with Creatures and not in DERP. But that wouldn't mean that his fondness for plants would be diminished and when his boss, Aurora, mentioned their department visiting the greenhouses to see the planting of a gravity resistant tree, he wouldn't mind going to see for himself.

"Good morning, Mrs. Bagnold, Mr. Roberts," he greeted the department heads respectfully, giving a nod in greeting to the others who were also there. DERP employees, he would guess, since he didn't really know any of them. He turned his eyes to the tree floating in the middle of the greenhouse. Or, sapling, rather, but Gunnar did find it interesting. He'd have to let his dad know about it, since he was an experimental herbologist himself. He'd find it pretty interesting too.

"Cool," he murmured to himself, then looked over to the department heads again. "Is there anything you'd like me to do? Or are we just here to observe?" And that would be fine too, he was glad to see it.

Turning towards one of the new arrivals (Gunnar), Forrest gave a small nod, unfamiliar as he was with the young mans name. His question did however catch him off guard somewhat as he’d only really planned to offer the task of watering in the plants to his own employees but part of him almost wanted to offer it to the young Magical Creatures employee just to see if he’d step up and take the challenge. Although, if he over watered the tree and killed it, he’d have no one to blame but himself. Airing on the side of caution, he flashed a calculating smile and tilted his head ever so slightly “I can think of several things you could do Mr…McCarthy?” looking over at Aurora to make sure he got his name right before he continuing “But right now, all that’s required is a little water. Thank you for asking however.”

SPOILER!!: Mr Zunther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Normally Oceanus steered clear of the greenhouses unless told otherwise by his boss. It wasn't part of his job description to be near them and should anything happen within them, he wasn't going to be blamed for it. However today was one of those occasions were he was invited to see a rarity within the greenhouses that didn't came all too often. There was a gravity resistant tree and wanted to see with his own eyes rather than hear all about from the mouths of others later.

Stepping into the greenhouse, he made sure the door was closed behind him. "Good morning, Mrs. Bagnold," he greeted his boss, "Mr. Roberts." His eyes shifted to the others standing around and he gave them all a nod in greeting as well. The only other one from his department seemed to be Gunnar, where was everyone else? As for the DERP employees the only one he didn't currently know was the guy. He would make a point to introduce himself at another time.

Walking over to check out the tree.. er sapling? Ocean stood beside Stella. "So how many hours am I going to have to listen to you tell me all about this tree?" he teased playfully by of greeting. He gave her a sideways glance and a smile to show he was only joking.

SPOILER!!: Miss Starson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger Danger View Post
Turning her attention from the sapling she looked at Aurora and nodded with a snile. [B]"Yea ma'am I love magical trees and plants as well, I know all about plants trees and creatures." Looking back at the sapling she smiled happily at the tree. "You'll be a big pretty thing in no time, don't worry we'll take good care of you." Looking at her boss she smiled happily at him. "Oh yes sir, I love trees like this, think it's so fascinating how trees like this even exist." Looking at him she tilted her head. "How much do you think in a week time frame or even a month sir?" She asked cause she was curious to find out.

Seeing her boyfriend Oceanus come and join the small gathering they were having she smiled at him happy to see he was able to come. Hearing what he said, she giggled softly and blushed a bit. "Probably for a while, but this tree is one of a kind Ocean and to see this is amazing!" Yeah... yeah, she was a dork when it came to plants and creatures and she knew that, but she didn't care.

Turning his attention towards the other young man (Oceanus) who had arrived next to Miss Starson, Forrest simply replied with a “Good morning Mr uhh…Zunther. Yes. Don’t worry, I’ll only bore you for a little longer and then you can get back to walking your crups and what not.” He really wasn’t sure exactly what the Magical creatures lot did despite sharing a floor. “Maybe you should take a leaf out of Miss Starson’s book Mr Zunther,” his playful smile now slightly transforming his face making him like a few years younger than he actually was. “I’ll work out a schedule and get back to you Miss Starson. It seems I’ll have all of the help I’ll need so once a week should be more than enough.” Despite his attention being mainly on the plant, he did briefly notice the slight blush on Stella’s face but simply chose to ignore it. They were after all in a Greenhouse and it did get awfully warm in there at times.

SPOILER!!: Mr Pendragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios Sunrider View Post
Damian had heard the whispers. Ever since returning from the holidays, the young(ish) man had his ear to the ground, listening for any rumors about the attacks. One victim was supposedly found here, at the greenhouses. But that's not what he heard people talking about.

He was here because he heard about the tree, now just a sapling, and couldn't wait to see it. Seeing such a precious little thing suspended weightlessly in the air temporarily took Damian's mind away from his grim work. "This is a good sign." Joining the gathering throng of wizards and witches, the unspeakable put on his reading glasses to get a better look.

"After times of war, the magical world wants to heal. We usually only note the increase in new witches and wizards being born, but there's evidence that nature also experiences an age of rebirth and growth." Knowing better than to touch the floating seedling, Damian instead sat down on his knees before it, despite the discomfort in his bad leg.

"The druids say that these trees used to grow in groves as far as the eye can see in all directions. The land below was completely unspoiled, with the entire ecosystem existing above the ground. Nobody knows exactly what happened to the groves, but there are multiple cautionary tales involving greed, and our stewardship of nature."

With one last fatherly smile, Forrest turned towards another new member (Damian) who had clearly heard of the arrival of the Gravity-resistant true through the grapevine and had come to witness it in all its wonder. “Aha, a fellow plant enthusiast! You’ll be sure to come back and keep up to date with its happenings won’t you Mr…?” It seemed he was destined to meet everyone who worked at the Ministry today. “ You are of course correct. People do tend to note the birth of witches and wizards but the birth of plants and new life being grown from the Earth is also important. It’s what sustains us and allows us to continue to grow and improve,” his reply more so to everyone than just the new arrival now. “As for the groves, I cannot say I’m afraid although I have heard of many rumours and wild tales from my friends in the plant community. Some…” pausing to laugh for a moment “Are a little more believable than others.” Some of the tales had truly been out of this world.

Doing his best not to continue the conversation, Forrest returned his attention to the job at hand and raised one of his hands up to silence the room. “Hello everyone. Welcome. I’m glad you could all make it to this…well, a moment of history. What you are about to see is the maiden watering of a gravity-resistant tree that will call this greenhouse its home for hundreds and hundreds of years. You’ll be able to tell your children and grandchildren about this moment.” Some may say that he was laying on the importance of this moment a little thick but those simply did not understand. It was magic at its purest form. New life. Something that would contribute only positive things to the world around it. Pulling out his old, slightly worn wand with his left hand, he took a deep breath and aimed it at the tiny sapling before muttering the charm just loud enough so the crown around him could hear “Aguamenti.” Without any drama, the tiniest shoot of water squirted out of the end of his wand and hit the sapling. “History,” he repeated again, a proud smile across his face. “Please, I know that you are all busy with your days so I shan’t hold you too long but do come and take a closer look.”
aRogueOne is offline   Reply With Quote