View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 02:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Dahlia flipped her journal open and jotted the days date down on the top corner of the page. She was about to starting when Ashley's question had her pause. Had she fallen on any? Glass? Uhhh..

Not that she knew of? It didn't feel like she had. Nothing hurt and she didn't see any injuries. "No, I don't think so?" She was pretty sure that if she had fallen on any of it, she would have felt it. Turning her attention onto her journal again for a few moments, Lia focused on writing down every single detail that she could remember from her dream/nightmare. The music, creatures, her friends, the bread, how everyone had turned into bread! Then how the bread had chased her.

"No, I haven't heard anything." At least not that she could remember. Her dream was still very fresh on her mind and it still had her thinking about what it might have meant. Had she been eating to much of it? Was it because it had given her a stomachache before she had fallen asleep?

"It was probably an accident? Maybe a mix-up of some sort?" Dahlia really didn't know but things happened sometimes. "Do you want some help cleaning it up? I can help you find a broom or something?"

Really quickly a sketch was drawn underneath the journal entry of herself being chased by Healer Poppy's hoard of bread. Closing the journal she slipped it back into her bag with her quill.
Mmm... Dahlia seemed preoccupied with... whatever she was doing. Dreaming, it looked like. Maybe it was good that Dahlia had other things on her mind. When people were paying attention to Ash, they tended to pity her and ask dumb questions like 'are you okay'. Look down on her. Etcetera. That sort of thing. She could do without that.

"I guess it's good that you didn't fall on any of that glass I..." You know what? Nevermind. Dahlia didn't need to know why the glass was there. It was better for her to assume that Ash had dropped the mirror in shock. Which wasn't exactly what happened.

"I hope that mirror wasn't important to anyone. That would make me feel bad. Even though putting a mirror in my bag is a kinda dumb mistake to make or, if it was on purpose, a dumb decision." Whoever put the mirror there was mean and/or careless with their property and/or dumb. So she didn't feel too bad about it. The way Ash saw it, any mirrors she found inside of her bag or on top of her bed were fair game. This was a predictable outcome, really. Even so, Ash felt just a tiny little bit bad about it. Just a little bit.

"I don't know. It's kinda my fault, so maybe I should have to clean it up. So that I'll learn my lesson or whatever people want me to do." She shrugged. Didn't they know that Ash would never stop? The consequences were worth it. That was what people didn't understand. "Do you know where the brooms are?" Because she should clean this up soon. Get rid of the evidence. In case some kid wanted to look for their missing mirror, or a professor wanted to investigate. Ash didn't feel like explaining anything or apologizing today. If there was no evidence, then there would be nothing to explain and people would leave her alone.

Logic.