Thread: Atrium: Morning with the Ministry
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 08:26 PM   #35 (permalink)
aRogueOne

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default Come one come all to eat Forrest's vegetation!

SPOILER!!: Alexander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugglemad View Post
Alexander was sipping his smoothie when he walked over to Forrest's pancake stand, he noticed the greenhouse apron and wondered if this was one of his bosses " Can I have a blueberry pancake?" He asked politely as he was smiling at Forrest.

With his hands sitting comfortably in his pocket, the older gentleman was about to start shouting out to the crowd of people gathered to generate some interest. Could no one see his freshly picked produce? How could they possibly hope to turn down some of the succulent, moist vegetation that had been handpicked by himself? It was bewildering.

Just as he raised his hands to shout out to the crowd, a lucky customer appeared in front of him. “Of course. Of course. Everything is fresh you know? Straight from my very own garden,” his voice getting louder and louder as he started to pull the pancake mixture towards the him. With a crinkly smile at one of his new employees, for Forrest knew all of his employees by sight and had done his fair share of research before the returning, he poured out the mixture onto the hot cast iron pan before adding a generous amount of blueberries. “How are you finding your first day here Alexander? I trust that you found your way into the Ministry without too much bother? Didn’t have any trouble getting past security?” He wouldn’t have put it past the front desk security to make life a little more difficult after some of the recent events.

Flipping the pancake, he waited patiently for it to be a golden, fluffy brown on both sides and then slide it into a cardboard tray. “Do you want anything else with it? Sauces or ice cream? Herbs maybe?” he added finally as a handful of chunky blueberries was haphazardly thrown over the pancakes for good measure.

SPOILER!!: Laurel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Laurel was about on some glitter and hearts around the fairy stickers on her daughters mug when a guy in his twenties appeared by her side asking about tea cups and saucers. She let the man in charge of the mug station answer that question, but she did point to the stations sign. "It says mug decorating station so I doubt they'll have any teacups on stock." Laurel could be wrong though. She was considering how to putt on the glitter without getting glitter stuck to all places when the younger guy kept talking and including her in the conversation. Shrugging she said with a glance at the man in charge before focusing on the youngling. "I don't see why you can't make two. I'm decorating a mug for my daughter and might decorate one for my husband with a moving quidditch player on it."

“I mean, yeah, the name said it all. I just kind of wanted to be a little posher. Maybe send one home to my Ma and Pa in New York. It’s fine though”

With a mug in hand and a few markers in the other, Jude started to carefully draw what he hoped looked like a rather ugly, grumpy, smelly, old cat on the glossy white mug, an amused smile across his face at his own genius. He was sure that Cian wouldn’t be thrilled with his depiction of that stupid feline but he didn’t all much care. It was the thought that counted, right? Turning his amused smile back on the woman, he simply nodded before replying “Great! What’s your name sorry? I just need to know who I’m blaming if they accuse me of trying to smuggle two mugs out of here. Well…three if you count me.” He would never snitch on anyone in any way, shape or form but he did love little bit of ‘cheeky banter’ from time to time.

Having finished with the markers, Jude stopped for a moment and then eyed some of the glitter that the woman next to him had been using. Would his younger brother appreciate a little glitter? OF COURSE, HE WOULD!!! Pulling some of the glitter towards him, he began writing his brother’s name on the mug.