Thread: Atrium: Morning with the Ministry
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 11:24 AM   #22 (permalink)
aRogueOne

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default Pancake station OPEN! + A reply to Laurel and Jake @Mug decorating

I’m a fraud. I shouldn’t be here. I DO NOT BELONG HERE!

With a confident smile spread across his face like someone who’d just won the first-place prize in a daily prophet competition, Jude MaCafee strutted into the ministry, ready to schmooze his way into the good books of every head of department he could possibly find. Was his smile at odds with how he felt on the insides? Pfttt…maybe. But that didn’t matter!

SPOILER!!: Laurel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Laurel headed into the atrium for this year's Orientation event wishing already on the doorstep that she hadn't eaten breakfast before leaving for work. She saw waffles, pancakes, smoothies and all other breakfast things and felt like turning right on her heel. How was she supposed to eat now? If she managed to stomach down a waffle, some fruit and possibly a cup of tea then it'd be a miracle. Shaking her head and sighing to herself the mysteries worker made her way over to the mug station first. Maybe customizing her own mug would get her appetite up?

A few moments later stopped at the third station to peer around at all the mugs in different colors, shapes and sizes. Picking up a mug, it might look like it was by random to somebody looking on, but actually wasn't since she had been guided by her Inner Eye in her choice. Aurora then asked out loud to nobody in particular. "I chose a mug, what's the next step? Do i tattoo in my name or what?"

SPOILER!!: Jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
~Stressed~ was not the word. The holidays had been nothing short of a disaster - kids plain leaving home, or acting out, or being dumped by way of their girlfriend's mother (thanks again, Alexa), or going through yet another health emergency, or just plain rough-housing their way to broken limbs yet again - and Jake was still working on picking up the pieces and spellotaping them back together. Wasn't working out too well, but he was well-versed in mending bones by this point, so at least he had that one covered.

Then there was the report his department had received the previous day, the two missing kids - runaways. Jake had left it to the appropriate division to handle but was a little twitchy about not being able to join them, and had asked for regular and immediate updates. It wouldn't make a difference to the attention the department would give the case, but after what (read: who) he had inflicted on Malachi Trent over recent years, and all of what the man had been through otherwise, Jake was triply determined to give him quick answers regarding his daughter. He was sure they'd find the pair - or maybe determined was the word again here - but cases like this, the ones that involved kids, always got his nerves up. Which was good, really; they could not afford to get complacent up on Level Two.

At any rate, at least stress - of the work variety in particular - was something Jake thrived on. Kind of took the edge off of everything else. Manning a station for the Ministry work orientation was... not the kind of work stress Jake embraced, but he was doing so anyway. It could have been so much worse, so he certainly wasn't complaining. For the moment, he tried to simultaneously not think about work and not forget about work, and kept an eye out for memos or patronuses but focused on... mugs.

The mug decorated station, to be specific, which was where Jake was... stationed.

And look, here was a mug enthusiast now. Maybe. "Up to you," Jake said, dragging his eyes from the official Ministry entrances and stepping back up to the mug decorating station. "You know, can't roadmap creativity and all that. Although, I mean, technically you can." Not getting carried away, not now, not with this. He pointed at the supplies laid out - magical markers and stickers and an unholy amount of stick-on googly eyes, and plenty of other things too - and looked at the woman again. "Use anything, decorate it however you like."

Jake was going to do the same. He grabbed the largest of the mug options, charmed it black, and began sticking googly eyes on it. Just all over it. Just the googliest mug you ever did see.

Dressed to the nines in a new suite that he’d picked out for this very moment, the American teen burst through the atrium doors, pausing only for the briefest of moments to decide what exactly he could stomach which judging from the slight sickly feeling he was getting at the moment wasn’t all that much. Pivoting, Jude strolled over towards…mug…decorating…station…OkAyAAyayyyyyy. Was it for the tea they were going to be having? Sure, he’d noticed that people from BritOn drank a lot of tea but like, was it really enough to warrant decorating mugs at breakfast? Bemused, he placed himself nearby two other employees who seemed to be having the time of their life and stared for a moment at the assortment of mugs in front of him. “What, there’s no tea cups and saucers?” he asked, only slightly sarcastically as he reached for a large mug and a few markers. What exactly he was going to design on his was a mystery but it was better than stomaching some waffles at the moment. “You guys think they’ll let me make two? I really want to make one for my younger brother,” his head turned towards the man in the beige suit jacket (Jake) and the woman next to him (Laurel).

Taking a deep breath, the twinkling, mischievous, playful eyes of Forrest John Roberts III surveyed the atrium floor in search of his very first customer of the day. Sure, he had been back and forth the ministry for a while, taking a few meetings here and there but today truly felt like his first day back.

Day One.

Usually serious and stern looking, Forrest couldn’t help but smile, for today he was back at his old stomping ground and what more, he was actually head of it now, something that he still had to pinch himself to believe. These days, he was far more at ease out in the sunshine with a cold glass of lemonade than tucked behind a desk in a room full of unnatural light. Alas, there truly was no rest, although if he was being honest, it was something that he was thankful for. His wife, Jules, whom he loved with all his heart had been trying to beguile him into going on one of those muggle cruises around the world because “That’s what people our age do Forrest” but he could not bare to be away from his precious garden grandchildren.

With an old, worn denim gardening apron on that was being supplemented for a chef’s apron, Forrest stood behind his station, ready to whip up a variety of savoury pancakes, the ingredients of which came fresh from his garden this very morning. Or, you know, if you’re boring and you want to risk the wrath of your new boss, you could order something filled with sugar. It’s your choice really.