View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 10:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
Fireheart

DMT & DMLE
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Avalon Sinclair
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Japser Cohen
Magical Creatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
The thing was, even if some of his motivations were not being clearly expression, that nothing Atlas was saying at the moment was a lie. Something that might make him feel better later on if he reflected back on all this, maybe. But also it was just reminding him of how the best lies and deceit were always based in truths.

...anyway...

Eager, Atlas shuffled his feet over and stood beside Professor Varma. Maybe like...TOO close...but also he wanted to make sure that he was right there in the action so he wouldn't miss anything. "Split? Like...will it all come oozing out or something? Like when you squeezed a sponge and got all the water out of it...or a lava cake?" And then what if whatever was being exposed didn't LIKE that it was being exposed and fought back or like...oozed right on through the table? Atlas supposed just one question at a time would be best...and the latter seemed hardly possible. No one, that he knew of, had died from eating this bread.

...but it could be slow acting...so...

"SpeRevelio," he repeated softly and then patted his pockets for his wand. "I...can try...but I have to warn you. The only spell I have been any good at in my Hogwarts career thus far has been Bombarda." And let's just not get into how that had been a spell Rosier had taught him and the feelings attached to THAT. But try he did. His wand in hand, the Gryffindor cleared his throat and mimicked the wand movement he had just seen (not with the same fluidity, naturally). "SpeRevelio?"
Shreya couldn't help but chuckle at Atlas's dismay—primarily because she herself had experienced the same confusion when she first learned about the spell many years ago. "No, no oozing. Just as long as your cauldron is free of holes, at least," she said with a smirk. "The spell will simply portion off the cauldron into identifiable ingredients." Granted, it was a bit of a broad concept to grasp until you could see it with your own eyes.

She smiled reassuringly when Atlas displayed hesitation. "That's quite alright. I don't expect you to perfect it." Or even be able to perform it at all, really. "This spell is quite advanced," she replied. And it was true—the charm was typically reserved for sixth or seventh years. But Shreya held a firm mindset when it came to teaching: Challenge was what helped students grow.

Taking a step back from the cauldron to let Atlas work, she placed the empty potion vial back into her pocket. If the Gryffindor performed the spell correctly, he might be able to spot some snake fangs, porcupine quills, and flobberworm mucus—a few hallmark ingredients of the Cure for Boils. But even if the charm didn't work, it was good practice. And Shreya wanted the young boy to know that she had enough faith in him to give it a try.