Thread: Bulletin Board
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 12:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Kinsay really didn't care if Ashley Fox thought she was boring. She really, really didn't care. Okay, fine, she cared a little bit. But. Not enough to do anything about it because if Ashley thought she was boring, maybe she would just leave Kinsay alone once and for all! That's all Kiz really wanted anyway.

It would be a win-win. Kizzy wouldn't have to feel guilty and terrible and anxious - and Ashley wouldn't have to feel bored. See? Both winners.

"You don't make me sad," she countered. It wasn't even lying. Ashley made her feel horrible and twisty in the stomach, but it wasn't exactly sad. It was a little worse than sad because sometimes Kinsay felt she played a part in it. That was the hardest part. No comment on the playing on the other team part though. Because. Um. Ashley was absolutely right. That is what Kizzy wanted. She just wasn't about to admit that to her because that might be mean and Kinsays tried their best to be polite, even to people they really didn't like. "I've never played before, but it'll be fun."

It had to be fun. It had to be PERFECT.

She didn't like this weird thing Ashley was doing though. The smiling and then the shifting expressions and all the.... up and down. It felt like she was playing games. Except not the kind of games that Kinsay liked (like exploding snap and Kinsay Chess).
Okay, maybe Kinsay wasn't boring. But she was TOTALLY killing Ash's fake happy mood. And she would prefer to be fake happy than real sad.

"Okay, but I make you feel something bad, because otherwise we would be friends." True. Otherwise Kinsay wouldn't be avoiding her like the plague. "anger, fear, guilt, worry, I don't know. Pick one or something." She shrugged. No way Kinsay hated her based only off of her personality and their limited interactions. Either she had done something to Kinsay, or Kinsay had done something to her. One of those. Ash didn't know, and didn't quite care.

"Soccer is so fun. You're gonna love it, probably." Unless the tournament got messed up and everybody got upset. That would be... off-putting, to say the least, probably. "Lots of people are coming too. It's a big event, I guess." Sigh. So many things could go wrong. So few things could go right. That was how life went.

And yes, Ash was absolutely playing games. Not necessarily malicious ones, but Ash was bored and sad, and running into Kinsay James in the hallway was an opportunity she couldn't pass by. Because Kinsay James was relatively easy to mess with. Granted, Ash would have at least tried to mess with Cambridge, had she been here instead. Kinsay was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.