Thread: The Pathways
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 10:45 PM   #35 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
OF COURSE SHE WASN'T BLOODY OKAY!!!!

But V didn't say that. She was too upset to be snippy. She just looked round and saw the nervous looking girl holding up her own photos. "W-why don't yours move?" she asked, ignoring the question about being okay because surely it was OBVIOUS she wasn't. She gave a few spare sniffles and wiped her eyes again. "Wh-what do you have pictures of, anyw-way?" she asked curiously. V recognized the girl from lessons, but she didn't remember her name. She'd ask for it in a second or two depending on if it were worth her time.

So.

This was at least somewhat of a distraction from the HOLE in her HEART.
It was probably a good thing that the girl didn't get mad. Because Ash couldn't think straight when she was stressed and there was yelling and crying, and that never ended well. Instead they could focus on pictures. What a relief.

"I'm sending them to my muggle boyfriend, so they can't move because he doesn't know about magic." Blah blah blah, muggles won't be accepting of your magic, blah blah blah. Did the government know what was funny? Wizards didn't accept her either. She had nothing to lose by telling him she was a witch. Nothing. But okay, whatever. Laws, etc. Yup.

"I've been taking photos of the scenery to show him how much I love it at the 'prestigious boarding school' I'm going to." Which was a lie in two ways. One, she was at Hogwarts, not a fancy muggle boarding school. Two, she was miserable. That was none of this girls business tho. They didn't even know each other's names, so of course Ash wasn't going to bring up her past, present, or future. "He got worried when I didn't write last year, so I'm just showing that... y'know, I'm alive and stuff. What do you have pictures of?"