View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 11:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

SPOILER!!: Ash
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
"Hi Amir." Ash had never quite been an animal person (although she loved her pets). But if there was one animal she could really relate to, it was cats. Absolutely cats. Ash was 100% a cat person. She half-wondered if Amir the cat would sit by her. Probably not. Whatever. The cat and the professor were both slightly comforting presences, so she didn't even cross her arms and give off super tense body language. Only slightly tense body language.

Great. This meeting started out with 'you're not in trouble'. On the one hand, it was annoying to start with, and he really did sound like a concerned bodyguard. On the other hand, if she was in trouble, this meeting could become highly unstable. So it was... possibly a good thing to start with, even if it was slightly condescending and assumed that she didn't know she wasn't in trouble. And assumed that she cared either way. But ANYWAYS, she was concentrating. Yup. They were talking about that one time she yelled stuff and ran off, correct? Well, she didn't really feel like saying the truth in what happened sooo..."I'm fine. Not mad at Gemma or whatever for throwing stuff at me. That's relatable. I'm only mad at the universe and the government. I just, y'know- flying projectiles have the tendency to make my fight or flight overreact. Or whatever. And y'know, my natural fight tendency is to scream defiant stuff, and my flight tendency is to hide. Really, more like a fight AND flight mechanism." It was a joke, that she did not laugh at. It was more of a distraction than anything. Designed to steer the conversation away from her saying that she regretted nothing and everything she said was something she believed.

blah blah blah, it's okay if you don't put your faith and trust in me, blah blah blah. Whatever. "Don't worry about it. You have no less trust than anyone else. At least you get to start with a clean chalkboard." And yes, she knew that it was a clean slate, but that was another joke for distracting, so that Mr. flying professor would hopefully miss the actual meaning of what she was really saying, which was that she trusted him just as little as she trusted everyone else. Except for Healer Poppy, of course. She definitely trusted him more than Healer Poppy. Why? Because he didn't bring a loudspeaker up to the great hall to yell 'TELL EVERYONE YOUR TRAUMA AND THEN GET OVER IT'. She could give him that. He had asked for a personal meeting, and said meeting was not announced for the whole school to hear and gossip about. At the very least, Ash could respect that. Another bonus of them not knowing each other was that she didn't even resent him yet! Congratulations! Even though he replaced Aguilar. That probably wasn't his fault.

Bottom line was, Ash was totally fine. She had just felt overwhelmed and snapped and said things that she didn't mean. It would not happen again. That was the official story anyway. Erase her of guilt without making people worried about her sanity/safety/whatever. Because she didn't really wanna be hated, but she didn't wanna be pitied either. This explanation had a good balance of 'oopsies I just lost control' and 'don't worry I'm fine.'

The reality was, Ash HAD lost control. But she meant everything she said. She just didn't mean to say it out loud.

Ash wondered if they had files on every time she lost control at this school. They probably did. Maybe he could see patterns somewhere. It didn't matter though. For the time being, she was sticking to this story.

Again with the voice activation. Amir pushed to his feet, stretching out his front paws, and then legs, and hopping down off the desk. As Kamran brushed away the stray fur left behind, the cat wound its way around the Ravenclaw's ankles, still purring loudly. Show off.

Kamran left the cat to it. "I don't think anyone could blame you for being mad, whether at Kitridge, or the government, or the universe." Teenagers generally had a lot of righteous anger inside them, especially those who'd been through it. And, actually, most had, but very few been through what Fox had been through, from what he'd heard. Kamran didn't begrudge Kitridge her anger either. There wasn't a single student in this school not entitled to their thoughts and feelings, and Kamran stood by that even for the kids he didn't understand in the slightest. Trying to convince them they were wrong was not only a fool's errand but, in his long experience, actively harmful.

Fox was rambling just ever so slightly, and Kamran allowed it, clearly listening, though he didn't intend to respond to every word. Frankly he'd been surprised that had been the only major outburst he'd witnessed so far, but he supposed it might be a while before the students accepted even subconsciously that they were safe enough to behave in those typical teenage ways again. One thing to look out for with the yelling is that if you have certain thoughts building up, some might burst out one day when you least expect it." Which was exactly what Kamran suspected had happened, but now he phrased it as what might be one day, rather than what had already happened. "Is that something you're hoping to avoid at all?" Not even implying she had thoughts she didn't want to share.

Even though everyone had those.

SPOILER!!: Mamie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post

Heheh. The thought of a cat battling an owl, even if only once, made her grin again. Especially since Amir was clearly just fine after his battle with a barn owl. Oh. Ahhhh. Hopefully it hadn't been her barn owl the cat had fought. She'd have to check on him later. Vendetta also liked mice.

But. There were more important things.

Like flying.

She squinted at Kazmi as he confirmed he did, in fact, know the broom-surfing. And then offered to teach her. It was a very important skill if she wanted to be a chaser, she thought, and maybe useful for playing keeper, too. She nodded eagerly. "Yes," she said quietly. "Mr. Aguilar taught us last term, but...I...missed it...?" she trailed off, trying not to think about why she missed it. Or the fact she had been present and had to play broomball instead. "Could, could you help me learn? Maybe?"

The trailing off, there was something there, Kamran could tell, but decided not to push it. He was not oblivious to what had happened here last year, even though he had been an ocean plus half a country away for the majority of it, and he doubted any of the kids would welcome his asking questions. Kamran simply drew the conclusion that, with all that had happened, something had prevented Turov from taking part in the lesson in question, and it could well have been something very unpleasant.

So, naturally, "Of course." That was all there was to it. Perhaps Kamran ought to run a few refreshers of anything specific to last term's curriculum that might have been interrupted, alongside his established lesson plan. That wasn't for right now though. "That's what I'm here for. Let me know when you have some time." Kamran was usually around this area of the grounds, of course, and could always keep an eye on the Training Area from within it. All the same, the schedules would need to line up. "It's Quidditch you wanted to get into, isn't it?" She'd mentioned it last time, if he remembered correctly.

You are Chocolate!