Thread: Mysteries: Love Chamber
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 02:53 PM   #41 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Text Cut: Adam & Jane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post

Only to startle and nearly drop his glasses into his still smoking cauldron at the sound of Laurel's voice. The glasses bobbled in his hands but he managed to catch them. "Laurel!" he said sounding both excited to see her and embarrassed. He started rubbing his glasses off on his shirt, smearing more goop on himself. "Vell, I guess I added too many rose petals undt perhaps a bit too much honig (honey)." He stuck his glasses on his face and looked in Laurel's direction. "Or too much schtrawberry chuice." He shrugged. At this point it was too far gone a loss to figure it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Jane had just used the complicated protocols necessary to unlock the door to the Love Chamber and walked over the threshhold when she hear a loud BOOM!, followed by a strong but confusing scent.

NO! It couldn't be!...Had her potion blown up? How could that be possible? When she had last checked on it, it was doing fine, and she was counting on finishing it before the end of the year so that she could give the improved version of the elixir to Airey Flamsteed.

She rushed over to the potions area to see what had happened and discovered that it was not her own workstation that was having the problem, but apparently that of one of the resident potioneers of the Love Chamber--at least, she surmised that from the gunk on the man's glasses. Still...her potion was in such a delicate state, it might still have been affected.

She rushed past the man and woman and the smoking potions station and quickly examined the elixir gently cooling in its retort. It should have been an emerald green color, just ready to turn the deep jewel-tone of the finished brew, but Jane saw with dismay that a smoky, dark cloud had started to form in the center of it.

"Oh no!!" she cried. Whatever the other potioneer had been experimenting with had affected her potion, and Jane was pretty sure that she couldn't stop it in time. It was ruined, and so were her hopes of finishing the test samples in time to give to Flamsteed before the winter holiday season began.

Laurel wondered if she needed to send a patronus to the maintenance cleaners when Adam acknowledged her presence in all his gunkyness. She watched how Adam tried to clean off his dirty glasses on shirt to little use, it just spread more gunk everywhere. Shaking her head, as her pulse slowed down Laurel said "Thank merlin that you are all right Adam. I didn't know what to think when I heard the BOOM. I feared a fire or an explosion or something." So she had come running. Throwing a glance into Adam's cauldron she asked confused."What kind of potion were you trying to brew? A food potion?" Strawberry juice, rose petals and honey weren't ingredients that rang any bells in any potions that Laurel brewed on occasion.

Laurel was still trying to grasp what Adam had done when another unspeakable rushed in and over to her workstation crying out at the sight of the state of her potions. Turning to look over at Jane she called over "Hi Jane, is everything all right?"