View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 05:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireheart View Post
One of the main reasons that Shreya refrained from teaching forensic potioneering to the younger students was because it elicited a little too much curiosity. She didn't want them getting into things they weren't ready for, nor did she want them using it for deceitful purposes. But students who sought out special help? She would be a bit more forthcoming with information then. But only with school-appropriate spells and methods. Nothing too dangerous or complex. "Alright. May I ask why you're interested in it?"

She made her way over to one of the cupboards, pulling out a small cauldron. Then, she grabbed a vial containing a blue liquid. It was interesting that Atlas decided to ask about this topic now. He would certainly be getting a preview of one of her lessons planned for later in the term. "One of the best—and easiest—tools is Scarpin's Revelaspell. It's technically a charm, but it's an important one for potioneer to know. Have you ever heard of it?" She emptied the vial into the cauldron and swirled her wand over top to give it a stir.
We have powerful tools: openness, optimism, and the spirit of curiosity.
Words that dad often said. It was kind of funny how those three things were pretty representative of himself and his siblings, even if the quote was from that old science fiction show the man was always watching and going on about. But curious was something he excelled at...even if this time he may not be curious simply for the sake of curiosity.

Uuuuuuuuuuuh. Speaking of that motivation. It wasn't like Atlas could just outright go 'well, you see, I suspect Healer Poppy has done something to the bread despite having no grounds but historical reference to base these assumptions off of'. Or, well, he COULD but it would be unwise and would not get him to where he wanted to with all this.

"Curiosity...and also thinking way ahead with what I might want to study at university and potentially go into as a career. Working for Magical Law Enforcement or Magical Accidents and Catastrophes, for example. Figured it was best to dabble in as many things as possible while I am young and see if anything sticks out."

It seemed like he was playing his cards right without revealing all of them...and that was awesome. His eyes even widened a little and twinkled as Professor Varma collected a cauldron and vial with a blue liquid he could not identify on sight alone. He was decent at potions but...also not decent enough. "Scarpin's Revelaspell? No...can't say that I have..." Was he going to learn that right now?!

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes