View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 01:59 AM   #104 (permalink)
Stefan
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imsosikk07 View Post
SPOILER!!: Gunter/ Acitivty Time
"Another brilliant answer Aibhilinn. The Divine Twins. I wonder who those could be?" What she said truly made Oakey beam with joy. "Think of those two horses as Loki the Mare and Svadifari. Their ehem...romantic encounter helped create Sleipnir after all." Seems escaping the romantic motif of Ehwaz was impossible. "Time Travel....that discussion would take too long...or no time at all?"

"Excellent Answers everyone! It seems we found that out that Ehwaz is also not only the Rune for Movement, and Horses. It can enhance your magic, as Nemesis mentioned. It could also improve communication as Lydia noted, and it is the Rune for Partnership. What we're going to do next is to incorporate all of these into our activity for today."

With that Professor Gunter turned his attention to the the Large covered object. The light was hitting it perfectly from the windows in the classroom.

With a swish of his wand the cover vanished and he moved it carefully to the front of the classroom just in front of the stage. A rather intricate looking wooden racetrack stood before them. Sitting atop the track were six different little pinewood derby cars.

"Today we will all try to work together to have these little cars make it to the Finish Line." He picked up the the small silver car in his hand, the one he dubbed Silver Chariot. "Etched into each of the wooden cars is the Ehwaz rune." He turned the car upside down to show the rune to the students. "Modified Gandrs you might say. If you recall from my earlier lesson the Gandr is the magic wand for which runes are etched onto. So these little Race Cars will act as those for this activity."

"I will need you each to partner up. Three maximum for each pairing. Select one of the six Gandr Wand Cars and take them to the starting line at the top of the stage. From there you will recite the Galdr for Ehwaz while holding the car in your hands. The Galdr is the magical incantation you'll need to empower the Gandr for the Rune on it to work." Once more this was a part of an earlier lesson last month.

Professor Gunter went back to the top of the stage and held Silver Chariot close to his chest as he recited it's Galdr. "ehwo ehwo ehwo, e e e e h w o o o, ehwu ehwa ehwi ehwe ehwo, ehwo ehwe ehwi ehwa ehwu, e e e e h w o o o." He then held out the car to show everyone the backside where the Ehwaz was that it was now glowing a faint white light in it's etched location. "As you can see the magic is weak. That's partially due to altering the Gandrs to such an extent. Set the Cars to the top of the track and then one of you will release the cars down the track. Once that's done. quickly hop down to the obstacles on the track. With your partner you'll need to both recite the Galdr in harmony to keep the weakening magic on the cars from fading for each of the obstacles in their paths." He pointed toward each of the major hinderances they will face with the track. "If you and your partners are off even just a little while maintaining the rune on the back of the cars they could overshoot this gap." He pointed to the jump right near the start of the track. "The Cars could collide at this sharp turn" His hand motioned to the corner of the track. "Then finally if you both can't maintain the galdr in simpatico at this loop they will fall or loose momentum." He came down off the stage and moved behind the finish line. "The Goal isn't to beat your partner on this track. It's to work together. Make the Cars move effortlessly along this track and reach the finish line at the same time."

He then placed Silver Chariot back where it was previously with the other five pinewood derby gandrs. "You can all Partner Up now. Practice with each other reciting the galdr for Ehwaz and then once you feel you've gotten the hang of it come to the top of the stage and select your vehicles to use on the track. Don't be picky. They're all equally Brilliant."

With that Professor Gunter then also went over to his nearby Chalkboard and wrote out all the instructions a bit more simplified.

_______

OOC: MAIN ACTIVITY TIME

I'll have Oakey go about and help your characters if they are confused or frustrated or both. Maybe He'll even want to get into this activity himself. But partner up with each other first and foremost.

Don't worry about waiting for others to finish at the track. RP as though it is you and your partners turn to use it once they've finished practicing together. That way you can have your pick of which of the six cars you want to race with.

Your characters can fail at this. I actually encourage chaos at this point (within reason). Not everyone is going to succeed at completing the track on their first go.

Hopefully this is perfectly explained and I didn't miss a beat. If you have any questions PM me.

This Activity will finish on May 23rd. Then I will move on to ending the class from there.

As Professor Gunter used his wand to pull off a cover to something in the class and it looked something like...a racetrack? Oh, that's pretty interesting. and looking at the cars he also had for the activity. This WAS gonna be fun. Looking around the class, "Anyone want to partner up for this?" Not really sure who was gonna answer or anything, but it was worth a shot to see who would.

A racetrack. Noah wasn't at all too keen with the thing, although if he was still a ten-year-old like Nugget, this would've been fascinating, and he'd be super competitive with it, even if it really wasn't supposed to be a race. Sure thing was Noah's starting to grow into a young man, and it would take more than a racetrack and a derby to keep him interested. BUT, for the sake of his godfather and his love for Runes, Noah made the effort to look interested with the activity.

After choosing his derby, which was the X-Wing model, he'd sauntered to the next student who called out for a partner. "Me," hello, hi. Noah wasn't particularly choosy with partners, and it was kind of cool to be able to partner up with someone he wasn't totally familiar with. Aibhillinn was one of those students.

So...what's next?

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.