View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 04:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Not an unexpected question. Nor an unreasonable one.

Nem didn't really care about qualifications, hadn't for years, saw them as nothing more than just another game. They had been ready to ditch school entirely this summer, regardless of the law; nobody could have stopped them, nobody would want to stop them if they decided right this moment that enough was enough, that they were moving on to bigger and better things once and for all.

They shrugged. "Because I'm brilliant." Fact. Nem didn't flaunt the extent of their abilities, especially amongst their peers, but in talking to the Headsman and making this request, it made little sense to act modest. Some things, though, some things they kept locked down, safe, hidden. "But mostly because I'm bored."

Objectively speaking, it wasn't a good mix. They needed something, anything to keep them occupied, stimulated, engaged. Rosier-as-Trent had turned down their request - and they'd done what they wanted anyway - but he'd given them something else instead. Something more. Far too much, it turned out, because now nothing measured up.

Nem frowned, almost imperceptibly, barely a twitch of the brow, but it was there for a second before their expression cleared and they broke into a smile. "I could take five, and the other six next year, or do it the other way around. But if I decide I'm done next summer, I can leave, and you can wash your hands of me. Guilt-free, because I'd already have some fancy pieces of parchment with some fancy letters on them. Everyone's happy."

Thrilled. Absolutely ecstatic.

You are Chocolate!