Thread: Ilvermorny: Former Student Bios
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 01:26 PM   #60 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Model: Presley Cash
Post Color: spicy pink (#FF1CAE)

Full name: Normandie Anne Carton
Nicknames: None
Birthday: July 14, 2089
Residence: Charlotte, North Carolina
Heritage: Mixed (halfblood father, pureblood mother)

Appearance
Hair: red
Eyes: blue-green
Height: 5’3
Weight: 105 lbs

Family
Guardian: Alma Martinez
Father: Norman Carton
Mother: Cherie (nee Maine) Carton (deceased)
Pet: orange tabby cat named Spongebob (so named because he’d meow whenever he heard the name on tv)

House: Thunderbird
Year: 5th
Wand: 11 ¾” Larch & thunderbird feather, whippy
Favorite subjects: Defensive Studies & Creature Care
Least favorite subjects: Wizarding HIstory, Arithmancy

Personality: Normandie is an outgoing, fun person. She can be a slacker when it comes to academics, but she is by no means unintelligent! She has a hard time applying herself in subjects that don't interest her, but when she's truly passionate about something, she'll learn everything she can about it.

Likes: her name, quodpot, animals, dueling, family, making friends

Dislikes: her accent, being called stupid/talked down to, being alone,

Background
For much of her life, Normandie had no idea where she came from! Her mother died when she was a toddler, leaving her to be raised in foster care. She grew up with only vague memories of her mother and little information about her father. For many years, all she knew of her father was that he was a MACUSA auror; he went missing in the line of duty before she was born; his name was Norman Carton; she was named after him (her mother felt that Norma was an “old lady name” so she chose Normandie instead - spelled with “-ie” instead of “-y” so people wouldn’t think she was named for the region in France); and that he in Horned Serpent during his time at Ilvermorny.

Normandie was the only magical child in the home where she grew up, which made it difficult for her to fit in and make friends with others. She was excited when a representative from Ilvermorny arrived on her eleventh birthday to give her her acceptance letter and speak with her guardian. At her sorting, she was chosen by Horned Serpent and Thunderbird, but rather than follow in her father's footsteps, she wanted to be her own person and chose Thunderbird. While not the most conscientious student, she excels in hands-on subjects such as Defensive Studies and Creature Care.

The summer before her fourth year at school, Normandie's life took an unexpected turn when she was reunited with her father through a chance encounter while on a summer Dueling Club trip. Although she was excited to connect with her only living family, she didn't want to leave behind her friends at Ilvermorny to live with her father in the UK, so it was decided that she'd stay with her guardian so she could stay at Ilvermorny and visit her dad during holidays.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...