View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 12:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Nem could not exactly say they had predicted every single reaction they'd met with since boarding the train to come back here, but they'd not been too surprised by any yet. A look of faint amusement came over their face at Professor Varma's immediate reaction to seeing them on her doorstep, but this was another that pretty much fit the bill.

"Hello," they said back, ever so politely, stepping over the threshold and into the office. "I can't think why." That was a joke, though delivered so drily it may have been difficult to tell.

Nem took a good look around the office from just inside the door, starting with the potion whose fire source had just been snuffed out, then to the drapes, the coffee bar, the desk, even the chandeliers, the portraits, then back to the area devoted to potion-making. Varma was right in her assumption that Nem was not the type to seek out homework help, but only because they never needed it, and in fact actively craved the stimulation of such a difficult problem so that they could liven things up a little by solving it. Alone.

But they were, of course, here for a reason. "Wanted some company, I suppose." Nem paused for one beat, then added, "And I just wondered if we should talk. About last term." The lack of specification was deliberate; they preferred to see what Varma would mention first, if anything.

You are Chocolate!