Thread: Seating Area
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 11:26 PM   #113 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Gabe! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Cut the guy a break.

Vocabulary was not Gabriel's strength. Old, ancient, geriatric, these were all interchangeable in English, right? It just depended what he was describing. He raised a brow, and by extension, the corner of his mouth, as the younger young man said he did not need to justify his age. Which Gabriel had not mentioned, by the way. He was going on twenty-two, himself, so only ten percent two years older than Brody.

Definitely a small enough age difference for them to have a lot in common. Not too big an age gap for a lovely friendship.

"Not too young, then," Gabriel said jokingly, grinning at the other fellow. "My ma also likes to think of me as a baby, but we are not." The baby of the family, maybe, barely. But not compared to the world. He shuffled the remnants of the lunch awkwardly, and stood up. He didn't want to leave, but he knew things needed doing, for his afternoon and likely for Brody's as well. Still, he'd enjoyed talking with Brody and thought they could be friends beyond just Spanish conversation partners. "Would you like to have lunch again sometime? Or a cof--er, tea?"

Gabriel preferred coffee, but had learned many people drank tea more frequently.

Just why had he volunteered that part about Aunt Tallie calling him a baby? Brody could not say. All he knew was that he felt rather foolish admitting it. Fortunately, that feeling was slightly relaxed by Gabriel’s revelation about his own mother thinking of him as a baby. A slow grin creeped up on Brody’s face. “Not too young,’’ he agreed with the joke. “And I won’t tell anyone that your mom thinks of you as a baby if you don’t tell anyone about what my aunt says.’’ Brody was a very capable young man, thank you very much; not a baby.

With great disappointment, Brody watched Gabriel stand. He knew that meant that the other man was leaving and Brody, who had been enjoying the company and conversation, didn’t want him to go. Little did he know Gabriel felt the same. Just as little did he expect an invitation for lunch or cof-tea {yes, he did figure that Gabriel had been about to say coffee}. Was it too forward if he suggested they have lunch tomorrow and tea or coffee another day? Possibly. And Brody did not want to ruin this seemingly budding friendship. Or chase away a potential language tutor. Usually, he did not care about pushing anyone away and was surprised to find that Gabriel was an exception.

“Sure. Just let me know when. You know which department to find me.’’ Brody offered Gabriel a smile. “Hope you have a good rest of the day.”

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺