Thread: Seating Area
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 12:59 AM   #111 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Gabe! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post

Did he look too old for something? For a playground, maybe, Gabriel thought, but even Brody was too old for a playground. And that was really more about height and weight than actual age.

But defensive? Was he defensive? Gabriel checked his posture. He hadn't drawn his wand. Sure, he was sitting up a little straighter than he had before, but he was a tall sitter. It helped with staying prepared for anything. Say, escaping a fire or chasing after a dark wizard. Not that he really thought that would be an issue here in the ministry, having lunch with Brody, but one never knew.

These were strange times.

"I suppose I understood too old as...geriatric," he explained with a slightly sheepish smile. He wiped his hands (carefully!) on the napkin with the orange seeds in it. He was going to have to get back to work soon, hopefully Brody was nearly finished eating as well. "I am a couple years older than some of the other YATI people, as I went to a few semesters of university before applying to the program," he said, further justifying himself. Why did he feel the need to justify himself? Well, he wanted Brody to like him, that's why. This lunch seemed like beginning of a fruitful friendship, and the end of an orange. "Touchy subject, I suppose...how old are you?" He assumed also not too old, given Brody was still in university, even.

Geriatric.

Now there was a word Brody had not heard in ages. There was the fleeting thought that Gabriel made himself sound even older by using it. However, he didn’t think further on the matter. Not that he had the choice. Why? Well… that smile. It is mighty distracting. Brody was one hundred percent certain that he would go back to staring if he didn’t get a grip of himself. For that reason, he busied himself with finishing up his lunch. It would be soon that he had to find himself back to work, anyway. The realisation was a disappointing one since he’d rather keep chatting with Gabriel.

“You don’t need to explain yourself,’’ the Coordinator replied. The revelation did not make him judge Gabriel in any way. “What matters is that you’ve got your eyes set on becoming an Auror, right? It doesn’t matter that you started training a little later.” Ambitions. Brody would know all about them.

The younger man was quite tempted to flirtatiously tilt his head and ask ‘how old do I look?’ but refrained. His behaviour might be off putting to Gabriel. “I'll be twenty in June.’’ A pause, then… “I’m not a baby like my Aunt likes to say.’’

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺