View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 10:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Text Cut: The good-looking gentleman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
"Nope," he said with a smile, amused that she too had gone 'are you single?' route. It appeared that neither of them were all too subtle. "Vacation - wait, sorry. Ya'll say 'holiday.'" He grinned again. He found British English amusing. "Solo holiday jaunt. Thought I would see the sites along the Orient Express." Which was truth, even if it hadn't been self-chosen. Nope if he hadn't been dismissed he certainly would have been back in New York reporting for duty at the Ministry.

Oh no, he'd upset here. That hadn't been his intention. He took a step out of her way. "Have you been?" he called out after her. "On the Orient Express?" Maybe that would get her to stop and talk to him again, although he also didn't want to keep her from picking up her son. He also didn't want to offer up any half-baked condolences. In his experience, they were hollow and didn't really do much more then irritate a person.

Just as he called out to the nice smelling lady with the pretty blue eyes, an older gentleman passed between them. "Sorry sir!" he apologized for his loudness. His American accent taking on a slight panged twang. Because he wasn't sorry and so his left leg stiffened slightly, the muscles clenching in pain. But the pain was worth it - well, so long as Pretty Eyes stopped again.

Sweet zouwu's she was acting like a teenager again. When the realization hit Aurora felt slightly ashamed of herself for asking the not too subtle question that basically asked if the guy was single. She hadn’t done that since before she met Sebastian. At least he didn’t seem offended more like amused which she supposed was some consolation. Raising her eyebrows in confusion at his comment she shook her head. "No, we say vacation, the Scots and Irish say holiday more I think." Solo holiday jaunt, who even said that? The longing probably shone through her voice when she commented. "A solo vacation to see the sites on the Orient express sounds completely lovely. I haven’t had a solo vacation in at least 10 years I think, but I love my 3 kids to bits." Aurora wouldn’t trade away Lucas, Lily and Francesca for anything, but sometimes she missed time alone.

Pushing the trolley ahead of her she looked up at the 9 and 10 platform signs thinking about Lucas when she heard the gentleman’s voice again. Stopping Aurora looked down at her watch seeing that she still had time before she turned to face the guy again. "I went on the Orient Express years ago." She said pausing. "It was on my honeymoon with my late husband Sebastian." It surprisingly didn’t hurt to speak about Sebastian and that felt okay. She ignored the senior gentleman since he seemed like a grump.