Thread: Middle Cars
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 03:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
Waddles

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
"Not a word for me, eh?" she asked, eyebrow raised as the young Hufflepuff wordlessly came at Aboli's beckoning. She shut the compartment door for a bit more privacy and crossed her arms, leaning against closed compartment door as she looked slightly down (she was taller) at Mamie. "Hey. I wanted to catch you before..." she bit her lip. Don't do it...don't... "Before I - " DO NOT DO IT, ABOLI - "Y-you know before I-I - " she knew if she let out a sniffle, the floodgates would crash open. She sucked in, sucking the sob in her throat dooooowwwwwn into the depths of her stomach for now but quickly dabbed her eyes, keeping her jaw locked, like stone. "Before I got off the train." There. She didn't need to say it....

Before I officially...am gone.

"I have some parting gifts for you, all right?" she smiled gently and set her bag on the ground as she crouched to retrieve the gifts. They were wrapped in emerald green shimmery tissue, and she stood up straight to pass it to her. Her hands were gloved in the green velvet ones she preferred, and they were shaking slightly. "I wanted you to have something to remember me by. I know we'll see each other again but...you know. Not as often," she nodded. When Mamie opened it the tissue, she'd see the gloves Aboli had gotten her. She had gotten Bernie a different pair as well, but she hadn't...had a chance to give them to her yet. She'd need to owl them off since Bernie had left. On the inside, where the wrist would be located, the words "remember who you are, always...." stitched in light, shimmery grey followed by the initials XO A.S.

"I hope you like them. They...they're not a normal pair of gloves." She grinned, almost devilishly so.
Well, no, no words for Aboli just yet. She looked nervously as the older girl closed the compartment door, separating her from the two girls who were much closer in age to herself, even if she did not know them as well. She supposed she'd have all of next term to get to know them better. Why was Mamie suddenly acting all weird and shy around Aboli again? What could have possibly happened to cause this change in behavior? Oh, wait, the thirteen-year-old had survived a siege of their school.

That's what happened.

She tried to keep her face expressionless as she looked barely up at Aboli. At this rate, she'd probably be taller than the seventh year whenever she saw her next. When...whenever that was. And, it seemed she was not in trouble. Mamie gulped, noticing how Aboli seemed sad, and that made her sad too. But--it shouldn't, because Aboli was graduating and that was a good thing! For Aboli. She was leaving the school, yes, but not Mamie's life. The Hufflepuff wouldn't let that happen.

"Gifts?" she repeated, confused. Weren't gifts supposed to work the other way around? "You-you didn't have to do that, Aboli..." Really. Mamie would have been perfectly happy with a nice hug.

Still, she accepted the little package and, after a second glance from Aboli's face to the compartment door where Kaira and Violet still were, she neatly unwrapped the green tissue.

Gloves.

Mamie stared at them for a moment, confused because...it was summer? Who wore gloves in the--OH. Aboli wore gloves in the summer. Eyes darting between the gloves in her hands and the ones on Aboli's, a smile appeared. She held one up to admire it better. "They're pretty," she said. "Thank--what do you mean, not normal??"