Thread: Middle Cars
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 09:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
kayquilz
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post

Suddenly the compartment door was open again and Mamie Margaret had given up any hopes of being alone during this train ride, and she definitely wasn't going to doze off again if new people kept coming to their compartment at this ratee. At least it was only Aboli, though. Mamie liked Aboli. She liked everyone, but especially Aboli.

Though she did feel...a little nervous about talking to the seventh year in the corridor. She missed the little smile from the older girl. Was...was she in trouble? Aboli hadn't been a prefect all year, but maybe they'd post-graduation conferred some sort of responsibility on the older girl? Was Aboli telling her she couldn't come back either, like maybe her grades weren't good enough? Though really, how were her charms and transfiguration and defense grades supposed to be any good when she'd never had her wand with her to do any practicing? She prepared her retort for when Aboli told her she had failed and was being kicked out of Hogwarts. She wasn't leaving the Wizarding World without a fight.

Margaret pushed all those worrisome thoughts down and nodded, getting to her feet to follow the seventh year into the corridor. Hopefully she'd be back.
"Not a word for me, eh?" she asked, eyebrow raised as the young Hufflepuff wordlessly came at Aboli's beckoning. She shut the compartment door for a bit more privacy and crossed her arms, leaning against closed compartment door as she looked slightly down (she was taller) at Mamie. "Hey. I wanted to catch you before..." she bit her lip. Don't do it...don't... "Before I - " DO NOT DO IT, ABOLI - "Y-you know before I-I - " she knew if she let out a sniffle, the floodgates would crash open. She sucked in, sucking the sob in her throat dooooowwwwwn into the depths of her stomach for now but quickly dabbed her eyes, keeping her jaw locked, like stone. "Before I got off the train." There. She didn't need to say it....

Before I officially...am gone.

"I have some parting gifts for you, all right?" she smiled gently and set her bag on the ground as she crouched to retrieve the gifts. They were wrapped in emerald green shimmery tissue, and she stood up straight to pass it to her. Her hands were gloved in the green velvet ones she preferred, and they were shaking slightly. "I wanted you to have something to remember me by. I know we'll see each other again but...you know. Not as often," she nodded. When Mamie opened it the tissue, she'd see the gloves Aboli had gotten her. She had gotten Bernie a different pair as well, but she hadn't...had a chance to give them to her yet. She'd need to owl them off since Bernie had left. On the inside, where the wrist would be located, the words "remember who you are, always...." stitched in light, shimmery grey followed by the initials XO A.S.

"I hope you like them. They...they're not a normal pair of gloves." She grinned, almost devilishly so.

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin