View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 03:33 AM   #103 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
To be honest, she had expected a liiiiiittle more gratitude, at least in his expression. He did say thank you, though, so... whatever. She released her hold on the cup as he took it and cleared her throat before taking a sip of her coffee. "It's quite alright. I just figured, if you're anything like me, you'll need a cuppa to keep you sane. And we wouldn't want our law enforcement personnel to go crazy, would we?" She was too busy worrying about a first impression to realize he was reaching for his wallet.

"Err - not that you're.. crazy. I just mean - in general." She hadn't called him crazy, but he had just had a fit over a cup of coffee (which, by the way, she thought was justified), so he didn't want him to THINK that she was calling him crazy.

Smooth.
Tomasz was thankful, but far too surprised to show it. This whole day had started off in an unlikely way. He laughed in a distracted sort of way as he moved to hold the cup in the crook of his elbow also known as the antecubital fossa, but if one were to include that in a post, people may think they're weird so that he could freely search through his wallet. In truth, he was not really listening to her, but not because he was trying to be rude. He was just distracted.

So when he looked up and caught the tail end of her words, he found himself... confused. "Yyy... Yes," he agreed hesitantly, with an equally hesitant laugh. Tomasz was used to guesswork when it came to conversations. This did not mean he was any good at it, but usually a quiet laugh was convincing enough. Now with the coins in hand, he slipped his wallet back into his pocket and moved his cup back into his hand skillfully. "I do not have exact change, I hope that is okay?" He held out his hand with more than enough money to cover the cost of his coffee.

You are Lemon!