View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 11:21 PM   #48 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

For the Greater Good.

Nem said nothing right away, just let the Big Man's words hang in the air; they were so crucial to what he was aiming for, and so to Nem too. The greater good. Greater than good. It all amounted to the same thing, in the end.

Tempted as they would have been to remark that they had always operated much better alone, and preferred to do so, it was perhaps fortunate that Rosier did not linger on that and instead kept talking. Nem easily withstood his words, unconcerned with the touches of criticism and reprimand, and focused on the final point.

"I'd noticed, sir. You took my brother and sister." Again, Nem did not have the wherewithal to lace their words with a tone that hinted at casual observation, but it didn't really matter. "Anyway, I'm done pretending."

The Big Man need not have framed it as an ultimatum, though it made perfect sense that he would. Nem had no interest in joining the others who had been shut away - and certainly not in sharing their status - sure, but they'd been tiring of the double agent thing, and plenty else, in recent weeks. Now that the time came to choose, they did so with no hesitation.

"I'm with you, sir, and the Neo-Alliance. All in."

You are Chocolate!