View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 08:50 PM   #59 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

As Recard passed and made her comment, Nem still said nothing, only nodded in acknowledgement. She hadn't actually told them to stop, only to be careful, and Nem was always terribly, terribly careful - depending on perspective - so they continued.

Unaware of any other eyes on them, Nem directed their attention back to the window again, staring at the view without entirely seeing it, largely content to stay in their own head and half-listen to what was happening in the lesson. Half-listening, however, occasionally turned into full-listening, and in the end their thoughts turned right back to the topic in question. Inconvenient, as Recard wasn't even focusing on any of the more interesting points.

Nem did not care about Albus Dumbledore. They did not care about Harry Potter. They had some interest in horcruxes, but nothing that Recard was going to linger on. In fact, she touched upon several points that might have been piqued their interest, once, but forged right on ahead to the Dumbledore-Potter situation. Nem sat silently, turning an idea over in their head for a few moments - a competent, intelligent, manipulative headmaster who had a tendency to work for the greater good, and a student who had plenty of intelligence and ability of their own, who was perfectly capable, who looked up to that adult and respected him and trusted him. Not a bad take, actually.

Whatever. Nem let that thought settle and directed their mind elsewhere yet again. This stuff was... whatever. That Potter idiot should have figured out that horcrux stuff on his own; someone who really was capable would have done so, as opposed to a Gryffindor twit who stumbled his way to what might have been considered 'success'.

As those thoughts faded too, Nem went on staring out the window. Not even disgust had registered this time.

I don't care, they thought dully, though not entirely in the context of the lesson anymore. I don't care. Why don't I care. Why can't I care. I don't care. I don't care.

You are Chocolate!