View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 01:38 AM   #115 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Okay, sure, lol. My plan is to take my 2020 trip to the UK and push that to... 2022, but same plan as you basically. But also it makes me so nervous not to more thoroughly consider and reconsider the plan for 2022. But there are so many factors outside my control. But all this to say........ yes. I'd love to hear more about the trip you HAD planned TO GREECE (omg of all places)(the Mediterranean in me is jealous).

Back on topic: holy cow though, not coming in here in half a century means that your growth is increds to see all at once. I'm really liking how you used ink pens on these? Especially on the hut? But yes, the dome is amazing... is that Sarajevo? I like your handwriting also.
I hope you come back to read comments more than every half decade (wait, is it half a century now? I can't wait that long!) The watercolor and ink thing is my aesthetic, apparently, and I"m sticking with it.

And yes, it's Sarajevo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
hello ern i am once again here to weep about how lovely your art is ;_;

Bosnia has SUCH A NICE DOME but also with this one i really love all the varying shades of bluuuuuuue. Do you use the same color and layer things to make the shades different in these instances or are they different colors all together? I'm not sure if my question made any sense.

Botswana ~~ i love how you did the roof on this one aND the background splotch of blue? the way you frame these with colors in the background is so well done ern. i love them.

and finally brazilllllllll i think my favoritest part about this one is how the colors look together. I especially like the golden shades uwu
HELLO TINY FRIEND. Can you please stop crying all over my art, gosh.

Okay, so you have questions, that I will try to answer. Bosnia: the layering is the same shade of blue with more water and then with less, and then with some black added. Apparently the really good artists don't need black, but that sounds crazy. I need it to mute, at the very least, because sometimes tones are too VIVID, gosh.

Botswana: nope, no questions here to answer. Sorry. I'm all about the blue splotches instead of sky now, because gosh, I just think all that blue can be very overwhelming.

Brazil: I like that you can tell I'm going for gold instead of yellow. Metallics are SO HARD to impart.

Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso

SPOILER!!: Brunei

SPOILER!!: Bulgaria

SPOILER!!: Burkina Faso

Speaking of metallics, that Brunei dome is an attempt at gold... I think it turned out pretty well. When I do my dome retrospective someday, I should do my 'attempts at gold' retrospective too.

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline   Reply With Quote