Thread: Spare Office
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 04:33 AM   #21 (permalink)
Fireheart

DMT & DMLE
Firecrab

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Avalon Sinclair
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Japser Cohen
Magical Creatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Ahhhaaaa, Avalon! Aboli REALLY wasn't going to make this easy! She bounced to the right, shot a "fake" spell at her again, then JUMPED to the left, spinning and cackling. She wondered if she'd be this annoying during a REAL duel. Or a REAL duel with someone she was legitimately trying to escape murder from, not just a duel partner from school.

Hmm.

The spell hit Aboli's wand, and it flicked from her hand less enthusiastically than before, but she was still disarmed! "See? I think you do have it. God, wouldn't it be nice to be able to do wandless magic? I don't know anyone who can," she quickly went to collect her wand from the floor. She didn't know that many biiiiig and powerful magical folk, though. Did any of the professors here know how to do wandless magic? Peralta? Hmm. "But that's a future me problem. Most people can't even do it anyway. OH - " She grinned. "Random, but related....can you produce a patronus?" Aboli was curious about her peers since she couldn't really produce a corporeal one yet. Hers was still a thick, blue-ish silver mist. Sometimes, she SWORE she could almost make out an animal's head, but....nope.

Still just misty.
Hmm. Not too bad. Although it was certainly a spell she still needed to practice. She plopped into a seat on the rug for a moment, a little tired from the nonverbal effort. "Tell me about it!" Avalon exclaimed, thinking about how nice it would be to not have to whip out her wand every time she needed to cast a spell. Carrying it around everywhere she went was second nature at this point, but still. In a real duel or moment of panic, it would certainly be handy to not have to reach into her pocket to grab it. "I bet some of the professors can." Avalon also thought of Professor Peralta. Or maybe Professor Carton. Both of them seemed quite capable of it.

Her eyes brightened immediately at the mention of a Patronus charm. She jumped up from her seated position, instantly intrigued. "Oooooh!! Not yet. I've tried so many times, but it's just this swirly blue stuff." Yes, Avalon also experienced a similar mist coming from the tip of her wand when she attempted to cast it. "That's my number one goal before I graduate though. I'm determined to do it." She briefly thought about what Aboli's patronus might be. Probably something cool and fierce. "How about you?"