View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 09:30 PM   #72 (permalink)
NiallNIP

DERP
Ravenclaw
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Quinn Kingsley
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kittredge Flannigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Weird message but okay, she was intrigued. Bernie had the paper ladybug stuffed into a pocket, and nooooo she hadn't ToLD aNyOnE, and honestly, what was with the boys of this school and thinking she ran her mouth all the time?! Mama didn't raise no snitch is all I'm sayin'....

So, she slowly took the staircase to get up to the top, even though she was THISCLOSE to leaning over the edge and just barfing half the time. She had really wanted to visit this treehouse all year and yet it seemed terrible due to the fact that it was up high in the air and all. Why did treehouses have to exist only in tall trees?! Either way, congratulations and condolences were in order for Quinn, apparently.

She finally got to the veranda part and paused to catch her breath and also her brain, to try to talk herself into remembering that this wasn't that high in the air and she was fine and all that other stuff. She saw Quinn and made her way over to him, though really she was sliding into a rocking chair before she got all the way there. And then slightly scooting that chair and herself in it his-away.

"Right, what's this then?" Berns was perched in the chair and doing her best not to look TOO suspicious of the first year. And also hopefully not looking TOO green as well.
Quinn had been pacing and thinking so hard he hadn't noticed when Bernie arrived. And now she was here, and his nerves were through the roof, but he knew he couldn't just do nothing and run away even though he wanted to. He grabbed onto the rocking chair and dragged her further inside the treehouse (he had gotten some extra strength from his nerves) so as not to be seen—he had made sure beforehand that there was absolutely no one up here with them, but one could never be too sure. With that, he pulled out his wand and cast a quick "Muffliato." on the room, which he had been practicing over and over again specifically for this conversation.

But... now that she was here... how would he even start? It was a strange subject to broach.

"Hi. Uhm... okay.... uh.... so...I.... uh...." he mumbled as he paced, wringing his hands. His mind was tumbling over itself as he tried to find proper words to express what he wanted to say. "Th-there's something I wanted to ask your opinion on, and you have to absolutely one-hundred-percent promise me that you'll never tell anyone ever until we sort it out, okay?"