View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 12:59 AM   #105 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
ERN!!!!! look at how pretty that Buenos Aires one is with all it's colors THEY'RE ALL SO PRETTY *grabby hands* I also love all the bluuuuuuuuuuuues in this most recent set!
I know how you and your blues are. Nothing super bluey blue in this set, but I'm sure there will be more soon.

THANKS FOR VISITING. I LOVE SEEING YOUR FACE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Loooooooooving Azerbaijan. Those architectural shapes are just some of my favorites and I really like how you did the plants to frame the top and the water is also really well balanced.

QUESTION with your inking! Do you draw in pencil first and then watercolor it up and the ink ooooor what is your process with order and such? :3 I imagine its more freeing to the line art after the color is down - I've only done this once with my markers because I saw someone on youtube do it and they felt more relaxed because the areas had already been defined by their colors and it was just something I'd never thought about before o.o

Also agree with Ariana about your Argentina piece. The perspective on it too is just
HI KATH. I'm always looking for interesting shapes/architectural elements that are unique to a country or area of the world. I was worried I wouldn't be able to free-hand those windows, but I think they turned out well enough (but very obviously free-handed).

As for inking, I used to pencil, then paint, then ink, but I found that I needed too many penciled 'support' lines that couldn't be removed after the paint but that I needed to paint... does that make sense? So I generally pencil in the general shape, ink over the lines I want to keep, erase the pencil marks, and paint. Then I can add ink detail where I need it - brick or stone lines, extra shading, etc.

MWAH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natekka View Post
I'm in awe, as usual!!!!!
HI NAT. I'm still thinking about your postcard idea!

Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados

SPOILER!!: Bahrain

SPOILER!!: Bangladesh

SPOILER!!: Barbados

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline   Reply With Quote