Thread: Ilvermorny: The Common
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 03:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Her shrug only made him grin a little. Whether she was a strong girl or simply attempting to put on a front for him, he didn't know, nor did he really care. "While I agree with that, I'd much rather have a cooler story to go along with my battle scars then... 'I was hit by falling apples'". That story didn't sound nearly as thrilling as some of the ones he had from going adventuring with his dad and brother. If anything, it sounded totally laughable.

His answer probably hadn't been what she had wanted but where would the point had been in lying to her? All he really knew for sure was he hadn't felt an earthquakes during the previous year he was at Ilvermorny.

Dallan blinked at her. The way she was looking at him was mildly unnerving. What was she doing?! He shifted a little, leaning back on his hands but still looking towards her. Roz. Okay. Simple enough to remember. He nodded his head to show he had heard her. As for why he hadn't mentioned anyone else... well they didn't matter. They were Kalos anyhow, not Mikaelson's. While they all may have looked identical... and they were... Dana was his brother, they other two... were not. At least not in his mind.
Dallan's response made Roz laugh. "When you put it like that, it definitely doesn't sound as exciting," she agreed. "But the tale can certainly be spiced up quite a bit when you mention that you were hit by falling apples in the midst of a freak earthquake. It's all in the details." In general that was true of most stories and epic tales of bravery, courage, and survival. What details one focused on really changed the narrative.

Speaking of the earthquake, at this point the Wampus was ready to put it behind her. It wasn't like another one was going to happen any time soon, right? There was no need worry about it should the ground beneath them begin to quake again. What they had just encountered was very short and nothing bad came of it. Surely the adults would reassure them of that at some point.

Had she been staring too long? Rosalind hadn't noticed. But she did eventually give up looking for any unique features. If she ever came across Dallan or any of his look-a-likes, she was just going to have to figure out who it was in the moment. "Well ... I better get back to studying." They had an exam coming up, which was why the book was out here with her. "You can stick around, if you want." Or not. It didn't matter to her.

Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote