Thread: The Black Lake
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 08:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: The beginning of the end
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post

She was talking about everything being a lot and the world steadily crashing down And, even if they were probably talking about different things, Sammy couldn't help but agree. "Yeah, this year's been much worse than first year, so far." And he didn't like it. "But it's not because of us. These people are just crazy. Out of their minds! We have to stay safe but...... even that seems impossible."

That nod said it all. You know, apart from just answering his question. "Hey," he started softly, "Maybe it's a good thing that you saw them. Think about it: you're basically a hero." Was that what Gryffindors wanted to hear? He didn't know.

The nudge was enough to bring about a small smile on his face. "Yeah, they really are. And Cece too." He wasn't going to say it but it really helped that Cece was at Hogwarts too, even if they were in completely different houses. "And Auntie Lex," he said, the smile turning into a more cheeky one.

Oh no.

Oh no oh no oh no.

The weight in his chest grew heavier and he could feel his face dropping at her words. This was NOT how this was supposed to go. Not at all. The worst part? Sammy didn't know how to get back on topic from this. Emm was now talking about staying close during these times. How was he supposed to say what he wanted to say after that??

"Uh, yeah, stay close." He could feel the weight becoming almost too heavy for him. As if it was trying to stop him from saying everything he was planning on saying for months now. But the words were tumbling out before he could stop himself again. "I guess, that's what I wanted to talk about. We'll always be close and great friends but I......."

He cleared his throat.

"...... I can't keep going with ~this~."

She was starting to feel better about the school situation. Sammy called her a hero and honestly...the mention of her mum helped, too. She was worried about her. Alexa Cambridge had gone missing once, making it not impossible. While she was hostage here, away from all communication...it was hard to know what was happening and harder to remain optimistic.

Sammy reminding her her mama was strong too helped more than he would probably ever realise.

But the good feelings were short lived.

Actually, it was his "but" that clued her in that this was probably not going to go the way she'd hoped. Her stomach fell, churning in suddenly uncomfortable fashion as flashes of Fox's conversations began coming back. She was great...Sammy thought she was great...maybe she was just misunderstanding. It was all the negative energy. This was probably nothing--or so she would keep telling herself til it was proven different.

"It's...it's fine. We only have to pretend we don't like muggles when the bad guys are around." Yes. That had to be it. He was worried because they had to keep going along with things they didn't believe in. Her boyfriend was sensitive and that was perfectly fine. "We can be ourselves other times."

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.