View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 03:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post

Scottie was so worried about himself that he didn't notice the older man had been snoozing. His heart was still pounding. His hands were SHAKING. His brain was going three thousand lightyears a MINUTE. He sat, his legs suddenly noodley. Were his legs always this noodley? Had he been hit with a jelly-leg hex? Was that a hex? Was his brain making things up now? "Sir, please! What did I do - " He stopped mid-sentence as Fletchy went on.

don't tell Fletchy we call him that, all right???? Scottie would be mortified

"No," he answered immediately. "Not at all, sir. I .... don't often speak with my department head. He's a busy man," he gave a firm nod as he truly took note of Fletcher for the first time. The man's eyes were more tired than usual. Had he gotten any sleep the night prior? Scottie wondered what this could possibly be leading up to? "Why?"
Scottie wouldn't have been able to notice that Fletcher was snoozing, though, because he HADN'T been snoozing.

He'd been resting his eyes. Big difference there.

"Well," Fletcher drawled, slowly turning said tired eyes on Scottie, "maybe you should."

He waited another beat, enjoying this all too much, and then tapped his fingers on the back of the couch lightly. "Relax, Ferguson, you're not in trouble. Not being fired. I actually need your help, okay? So take a breath." He cracked a grin at the young security officer and elaborated a tiny amount. "Before I go on, in all seriousness, promise me that you burned that memo before you came here."

He liked Scottie and all but he had a feeling there should be little to no paper trail between them. He COULD have used different paper and all, but... seeing Scottie's reaction told him that the kid cared. And THAT was exactly why he'd called on him.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind