View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 04:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Once Kaiser was ushered into the stone staircase area, and the door was shut behind them with an ominous tone, Fletcher cleared his throat.

"So the memos in your hand are blank, Kaiser. I apologize for the ruse to get you here," Fletcher gave the younger man a bit of a smile that didn't quite extend to his warm brown eyes. "But then you must have noticed more than a few strange things going on around here. Tell me, are you enjoying your role here? Do you find working with the Minister....satisfactory?"

Yes or no? How DID he feel about Charles currently? Fletcher waited to get a bit of a reaction for Kaiser before speaking again.
Be prepared. Expect the unexpected. Things can change at a moment's notice. Kaiser had spent an entire lifetime - or, at least, his entire lifetime - adhering to tenets like those. As such, he was not so much surprised as momentarily bewildered by the sudden reversal of... whatever it was that this was. While his brain took a moment to catch up, Kaiser stared down at the memos, then back up at Fletcher again, and did not bother trying to find a smile of his own.

"Well, I..." he trailed off a moment, unwilling to bring any attention to the fact that his memories of the first half of the year were... hazy, at best. Not only would he prefer not to be seen as incompetent, but Kaiser thought it best not to make it appear that there were more strange goings on than there really were. In any case, he thought to himself as his gaze drifted off to the side, brow slightly furrowed, it wasn't like all that had stopped him noticing any peculiarities, even if had not entirely registered at the time.

Kaiser fixed his eyes on Fletcher's face again. "Yes..." he said, carefully. "The Minister is... he has been very good to me. Understanding, you know. He's... a very positive man." And despite how overwhelming that geniality could be, Kaiser had been acutely aware of how lucky he had been securing this job, in this department, under both Charles Hollingberry and Fletcher. The Minister himself was practically on a level with the Stemps in terms of tolerance and acceptance of him, and although Kaiser would not have expressed such out loud, the whole father figure cliché had already started to manifest. "I have liked working for him."

But now, given the atmosphere of this conversation, the clandestine vibe, Kaiser felt only unease, and knew it was written all over his face. He said nothing more, and simply waited to see where this was going, wondering if he'd done something very wrong without even realising.

You are Chocolate!