Thread: The Boathouse
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 03:38 AM   #14 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

'A friend or whatever.' Oh, so Nem didn't count as a friend anymore? Or whatever. Bernie briefly thought about Blake, but she knew without even talking to him how this would go. He'd probably be too nervous to even talk about other options besides playing along with their captors. It was a shame she didn't know more Ravenclaws in her year, besides Heath, and he was too close to her ex-best-friend for her liking; Ravenclaws were the kind of strategists she needed to get on her side.

Maybe Schmoe could be one to talk to? Hmmmmmmm. Bernie shook her head as though she were having this internal discussion out loud and kept her narrowed eyes on Nem. "Right..." Just wanted to say their piece. Sure, Nem. Whatever helped you sleep at night and maintain your bubble of self-absorption. Bernie could have snorted.

But there it was, the expected answer, the classic shut-your-mouth-if-you-know-what's-good-for-you standard response. Did Nem REALLY think the hoodie-wearers were lurking out here, at this hour, to spy on two nobodies? Well, she considered herself a nobody; Nemesis was likely on the Headmaster's radar after that Defense class if he hadn't been before this year. What had Rosier called them? An utter delight? A perfect pupil? A wannabe Death Eater? No? She had a feeling they were grooming Nem already.

She blinked once, as though absorbing Nem's gaze, and looked away herself, muttering under her breath something that sounded like, "We'll see about that." It was still early in the game, wasn't it, and Bernie was one of those thickheaded fools who didn't give up or give in EvER. But even she could bide her time.

She wasn't buying what Upstead was selling, except that the continued use of his parents' first names had her considerably amused. She remembered a little of this disdain (OR WAS IT?) from History class last year. "Noooooooo," she replied quietly, with more confidence than was, perhaps, wise. "I mean, no, the Neo-Whatevers seem to be too resourceful and obsessed with magical blood to just go spilling it willy nilly."

Bernie eyed Nem again, deciding to add a bit of a comforting thought, her eyes sparkling a little: "I'm sure your parents are the capable sort. Apples don't fall far from the tree and all that." That was a compliment, obviously. Nem was one of the brightest in their year without even trying; everyone knew this. And please, she didn't want ALL the limited wizard connections she had to die before she had a chance to meet them.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind