View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 01:44 AM   #24 (permalink)
Watson
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
His embrace was welcome. It felt safe in here, but that didn't mean Aboli was letting her guard down. There were probably listening devices... magic...everywhere. "I know. I feel better with you, too. It is unfortunate we are not in the same house, sometimes, you know. But then...if you weren't a Gryffindor, I might not like you as much." There were some things about non-Slytherins that Aboli just found...attractive, yes?

It was a lot, and the kiss on her cheek had her feeling all fuihweifheirhf, but she just nodded. "They...are absolutely targeting you. You non-purebloods," She said softly. "Noah...Noah...promise me...please...you'll do whatever they say. To stay alive. This is no time to be Gryffindor-ing around. No time to fight back. It's just NOT. Say and do whatever. You know in your heart of hearts what you feel...just comply." Aboli cringed thinking what could happen if she were ever made to turn on any of them. She could stomach it if she had to, but what if it were Noah? She wasn't at all sure how she would cope. It would be...almost impossible for her.

"I wonder if we'll still have NEWTs. Think we will? I need to talk to Recard about University....did you hear about the owlery? No communication out so...I can't apply to Uni like I wanted," she sighed and slumped a little bit.
Ok. He was smiling a lot. He probably had the silliest grin on his face when Aboli confessed that she felt so safe with him. He liked being able to protect her. He nodded, agreeing with her about how unfortunate it was for them not to be in the same house. It would have been nice to be in the same house because they could have had the Common Room as an area that they could share but they would have to make it work. Noah fake! gasped at her comment. "You only like me because I'm a GRYFFINDOR?? WHAT! HOW RUDE!" he teased, sticking his tongue out at her. He ran a hand through his hair, pretending to be quite distraught before a smirk graced his lips. Heh. "Let me guess .... you're type is non-Slytherins... So I was right to set you up with Minjae.... And... What house was Mr. Christian in again... hmmm?" Despite their current sour situation, Noah was feeling quite upbeat in this moment.

Oh. She was VERY worried about him. He listened to her, nodding. He knew she was right and if she had seen what happened in the Gryffindor Common Room last night then.... Yeah... Talk of rebellion and stealing dessert had transpired... He reached for her hand, taking it in his own and sighed. "Don't worry. I won't be so openly.... Gryffindor around. And I agree we should be safe and compliant," he nodded his head, just in case someone was listening. He gave her a different look which he hoped to telegraph that he would be careful but he wouldn't go on with everything completely. They'd have to be safe. "But... if anyone comes near you or lays a hand on you... they'll have to deal with me." He'd risk it if they threatened her... Her and his family and his friends.

He nodded at her question about NEWTS. "I think we may. I don't think that they intend to stop our education... I think they'll change its course slightly to exclude some subjects and embellish others... What's that quote about history again? History's written by the winners or something like that?" He paused, frowning. "No. That's not quite the quote I'm thinking of...." But the subject of University was exciting and terrifying to him. He... He hadn't thought much about university. Her question about the state of the Owlery perplexed him. He hadn't heard the news yet. He frowned. Merlin. Of course, they'd cut off the Owlery too. Firepalces, owls - no communication to the outside world."Did they destroy it? Are the owls still... alive?"

He knew not being able to apply to university would have been nerve-wracking to Aboli. She was always so focused on the future and just aceing everything. She was a rockstar when it came to academics. Brilliant, beautiful, and just perfect in her own Aboli way. "Maybe we'll be able to apply but it'll have to go through the new Hogwarts Administration? If not, we can just take a gap year and apply next year to university...."