Thread: Ecological: The Greenhouses
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 02:03 PM   #135 (permalink)
Lislchen

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
Default Happy New Year @ everyone celebrating that today. :3
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Apparently the chairs had been arranged the right way.

Good.

Smiling at Mariana when she was the first to arrive, Olly nodded then reached down to grab her cup of tea. "Yeah. I got enough sleep last night." Which was a miracle when you had children you know. "You too, I hope...?" Before she was able to wait for an answer however a distinct smell caught her attention. A good smell (in her eyes), don't get her wrong. When Calyx walked in, she briefly wondered if he just always smelled like that (again, not a BAD thing) or if he had been working on something beforehand.

"Good morning." She greeted him, as well as the others coming into the greenhouse after him. Once Patrick too had arrived (she made a mental note to schedule a meeting with him to discuss his future with this department the next year - he HAD been working very hard after all), Olly decided that she had waited long enough and - after a quick look around - concluded that most of her employees were in fact here already. And seated on the chairs. Good.

With everything happening in the world right now, both inside the Ministry and outside (yes, it was VERY hard to miss), Olly had decided to...not focus on that at all. Compartmentalizing was a thing and definitely a very useful one at that when it came to situations such as this one. So, instead, she had decided to work on something she did in fact have control over.

"Thank you all for coming." Not that they really had had a choice, she WAS their boss but you know. "After the heat wave in August-" Yes, for other people in other countries it might not have seemed that bad but for Olly 30 degrees Celsius was VERY hot, okay? "-I've been thinking about how we can perhaps counteract that in a way. Both outside and inside." She paused to take another sip of her tea. "We all know that more green on the streets and on roofs can cool down the surroundings. That, naturally, will be a first step. But I think we can go further than that. Come up with measures that will provide instant relief as well." She looked around the greenhouse for a moment before ending up gazing over at her empty flipchart.

"I want your help with coming up with a concrete list of things we can do and work on. I want to brainstorm with you today and I'll write everything down and then we can make a list. Maybe our research department-" She looked over at them. "-can come up with a plant that can take heat out of the air and turn it into cool air in a matter of seconds. That it maybe could be used like a fan. But it would be natural." Just an idea. "But I also want us to focus on broader, more long-term measures for our streets and the general outside. Planting some trees isn't enough." Hopefully that had all made sense. She couldn't remember the last time she'd said this much in one go.

Olly fell silent, looking at her employees' faces. Alright. Any suggestions? Any ideas?

OOC: As always, you can of course pretend your character has been there the whole time (otherwise they are LATE as of this post). This is not a lesson in the school rpg so yk there's no one-answer-per-person limit or anything. Nor will you be getting points for participation. Well, maybe brownie points. Anyway, feel free to have your characters discuss things as well of course. I won't be posting again for ~24 hours, so go forth and RP.

________________________________{Drabbles}_{Meet Lissy}_{DERP}