Thread: Mysteries: Death Chamber
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 06:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

"Flamsteed was never that good at Charms," he mumbled to himself. "He--- we, er, well, I burned a hole in the door that one time, back at Hogwarts...." He shook his head. "I just don't understand how he could repair the prophecies like that."
Jane smiled slightly at the mention of burning a hole in the door at Hogwarts. But the information on Flamsteed was another matter, to be seriously considered. She had also thought it odd that her new boss had repaired a prophecy orb with such ease--though none of the people up in the Hall of Prophecy seemed to treat it as anything all that remarkable.

"I thought it...unusual, too, that Mr. Flamsteed was able to repair that orb--I had not thought such a thing was possible, though as I said, I don't have a lot of experience in that area. And none of the other people up there seemed to react to it very much--I don't know if they'd seen such things before, or were just trying to stay out of trouble." Remembering Flamsteed's scolding and curt demanor, Jane couldn't blame them--too much.

"But the whole thing was odd--that the rock golem, obviously an artificial construct, was there in the first place, that Flamsteed destroyed it so easily when none of the others could, and that he also repaired a broken prophecy orb so casually. That's why I mentioned it here, because I don't believe in keeping odd occurrences a secret." Because usually that's what people who were up to no good counted on--secrecy.