Thread: Street Vendors
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 04:56 PM   #134 (permalink)
NiallNIP

DERP
Ravenclaw
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Quinn Kingsley
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kittredge Flannigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Atlas had always been a bit of a contradiction, not wanting to offer much in the way of so-called paternal instincts but the past couple of years had pushed him into the role. For his twin's sake. Thankfully his resentment had not yet manifested itself against Aries ... not entirely at least. So the ability for subdued assurances was a bit of a recent acquired talent.

"You may come to like it the more you eat it," he offered with a slight shrug. "Fizzing anything can be a bit jarring at first when you aren't expecting it but since you are now...might not be as bad."

His hand done with the pseudo ruffling of his hair, the blonde lowered his hand and unraveled his fingers to look at his own coins. He wasn't quite sure what to make of those words...and he felt a certain defensiveness that had the hairs rising on the back of his neck. Like he had just been...gifted this coins willy nilly. Privileged. Which...he was...but he had earned this coin through chores and careful saving. He had to if he was going to purchase an unorthodox pet.

"I don't mind it...but if I'm getting something sweet I'll be spending my coin at Sugarplums." He had yet to make up his mind about the vendors here. "...have you been?" To Sugarplums. Since this bloke was new and everything.

And then he heard his sister's voice fussing at him for forgetting his manners.

"I'm Atlas, by the way."
Quinn considered the boy's words. The fizz was the only thing that disrupted his liking of the popcorn, so maybe he could get used to it..? He smiled to himself, thinking it was a funny allegory for his introduction to magic. He could get used to it after a while. He might even end up enjoying it.

It happened again. Something inside him shifted. 'He.' Why did Quinn feel so icky because of it? He (ugh) frowned a little, then looked back up at the boy in front of him. "Yes... you're right. Maybe I'll learn to like it." Maybe Quinn could learn to like it.

Trying to push forward in the conversation, Quinn shook his head. "No, I haven't been. I was thinking about going in, but..." Quinn figured it would be embarrassing to say I didn't know if the candy would come alive, or if one would be hexed and I would eat it and turn into a snail, so he just went with, "I decided against it." His cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

Quinn smiled at the boy's name. "Atlas. Like from Greek mythology. He holds up the heavens. I like it." Quinn held out his hand for the boy to shake. "I'm Quinn. It's very nice to meet you."