Thread: Mysteries: Death Chamber
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 11:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

"Were any of the orbs destroyed, then?" The prophecies, obviously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios Sunrider View Post

"Care to join us, Truebridge? No need to drop eaves, we're all friends here." A bit flippant, but it was a good question, and sparked another question that left Nero's mouth before the thought finished forming. "Do they know if any orbs are missing? Big golem makes a big distraction.."
Jane looked briefly at the younger wizard who'd finally spoken. "Yes, quite a few were destroyed, Mr.---Truebridge, is it?" Then she turned her gaze back to Dr. Nero, as she sensed he didn't like being ignored, and after all, he had been the first to address her. "I helped the Unspeakables in the Hall of Prophecy repair as many as we could, but one of the witches there said if they were too badly repaired, they would be lost." She paused a moment, reflecting on that. "But she also said that they keep a written record of all the prophecies, so even those wouldn't be entirely lost."

Then Jane's thoughts went back to the doctor's earlier remarks about golems--how it would be easy to transfigure one out of pillows. "And actually--that's what I was saying over in Prophecy--that the golem must have been created by someone, since it was so obviously artificial. And my question was, who was that someone, and why? But no one seemed to want to pursue that discussion." Maybe it was because she was new and not of their department, Jane reflected. She certainly considered it a matter of interest and hoped someone was thinking about it, and long a hard, too.