View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 05:34 PM   #117 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default 'jot that down' is still my favorite catchphrase
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

SPOILER!!: we're fwenz now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Ah, leave it to some Gryffindors - and Aboli Song - to spice things up a little bit. It was a struggle not to laugh at the minor situation that unfolded - okay, maybe 'struggle' was too strong a word, though Nem was briefly tempted - but they managed.

One thing they were making a mental note of? Cambridge's little declaration. Namely, to make sure the exact wording regarding the money situation was passed along to their little brother. Nem was past the point of caring that they belonged to a family with ostensibly more children than money, and the Gryffindor's words were leagues from touching any nerves. Ezra though. Ezra's reaction could be something else, given their alleged friendship.

Anyway. Moving on.

Apparently unaffected by any of the conflict or subsequent dressing downs, Nem found a new piece of parchment to get to work on. This... this was something that was maybe touching a nerve though. Possible slightly grazing a single nerve ending, for a millisecond. Or two. That bloody clock. Jake had taken inspiration from the Weasley clock, had one of his own back home. Total surveillance state; Nem couldn't wait until they could figure out a way to Confund it or something, give it a little adjustment. Maybe next summer they'd set the thing on fire and get rid of whatever was left of it; though that lacked a certain elegance it would certainly solve the problem, and deeply upset father dearest to boot.

"What?"

Grantham was talking, Nem realised, coming back to the current moment with a jolt. She was adding more to that other parchment too, so Nem sat by, working on this clock nonsense until she was done. They didn't bother trying to replicate Jake's family clock. Surveillance state.

upstead clock two point zero

hands
rebecca
jacob
nemesis
pax
ezra
jonah
jackson
hunter
leigh
mason
charlie

locations
alpha centauri
albania
down a well
locked in a trunk
auror custody
challenger deep
upstairs
downstairs
behind you
somewhere else
dead
mind your business

By the time they had scribbled a few things down, Grantham seemed to be done adding to the earlier activity parchment, so Nem switched their attention to that. "First off," they said as they wrote, eyes on the parchment. "You're not Muggleish, you're a witch. So jot that down." Nem had an extremely low opinion of muggles, it was true, something that was just never going to change. Muggleborns were down there too, but not so far as they once were. In fact, they were now more or less equal with purebloods and all the rest. Nem judged based more on other factors these days, which had the benefit of making it even easier to play nice. "And second, Heath doesn't donate, or make bargains like that. I dunno, Jake doesn't let him see us all that much, and he's kind of a jerk. But I know he'd be more likely to invest in something or whatever, so..." Nem shoved the parchment back again. "... best go find your thinking cap."

Family: Black
Individual: Sirius

Impact
- first azkaban escapee ACTUALLY first known azkaban escapee at the time, actually the second; did such a gGryffindor (aka BRILLIANT glaringly obvious) job of it that everyone knew he'd escaped right away OK HANG ON, how come you think Barty 2.0 escaped first?! he was smuggled out of prison a year after he was sentenced, different books give different explanations but most agree with that timeline of events - i can point you to some books, if you like
- Harry Potter's uncle Godfather
- unregisterd animagi, which is just plain cool IT IS not that COOL. Dare you to tell Eris to his face his fox-thing isn't THAT cool. ok. for a price.
- being an animagi takes intelligence, you know - debatable, you can do it with just magical skill and patience
- co-inventor of the legendary Maurauder's Map
- used intelligence, GREAT INTELLECT, skill, ruthlessness, cleverness, sheer willpower, determination, and initiative to disguise himself to escaped prison ACTUALLY single-handedly ALL BY HIMSELF while disguised as a dog
- broke into Hogwarts
- exposed Peter Pettigrew but no one paid attention
- told Snape to shampoo
- TRAGICALLY killed by his own cousin in a TRAGIC VERY tragic and shocking duel in the Department of Mysteries where no one some people gets to go

Family: Upstead
Individual: Grandpop Upstead Heath aka "Grandpop Upstead"

Impact
- ACTUALLY a Yaxley
- totes knows a thing or two about being a wizard
- started a whole new family tree TBH
- invented the name Upstead the name upstead was invented for him as infants cannot intelligently invent names OK rolled w/the name Upstead
- rich??? (possibly?!) (Nem, hey, hey, hey, r u rich? can I get a grant pweez?) a very wealthy and occasionally generous man
- made sure whole fam is still alive!!! an underrated accomplishment!!!
- some CEO of some business
- key factor in overpopulation (hang on, whut? how many of you ARE THERE?!) too many big time procreator, apparently?
- may or may not provide DEFINITELY grants upon all requests - bernie, are you well?
- allows nine of his grandchildren to suffer financially due to the misplaced pride of their father sorry u have a lame dad, Nem, welcome to the club
- but a real swell guy
- GREAT? grandpa also? twice over at the last count

Oh, also. "I don't eat that stuff, really. Could do with a hat though. Might be I could send a letter off to the ol' Upstead patriarch if I could wrap up warm for the owlery." Not necessarily, but free stuff was free stuff.

Bernie couldn't help it; she liked watching read: staring at Nem working on their magical clock. Holy smokin' salamanders, that was a LOT of hands for a clock. Did the Upsteads put the Weasleys to shame?! Were all pureblood families this large, then?!? These were questions she had but knew better than to ask at this very moment.

Not Muggleish, totally a witch, she wrote in her Muggle notebook, with her Muggle pencil, that she kept on her desk only for her eyes only. (Mostly it contained ideas for things Schmoe should be teaching to the wizard kids, but there were also some TOP SECRET THOUGHTS in there, so.)

She took the parchment back and studied Nem's edits closely, finally deciding that this bit was done and played out, and she could turn it in, she supposed, even though Recard would likely want a clean copy. Whatever. Bernie didn't have the patience to rewrite everything and hadn't learned how to copy chunks of text yet with magic, so she just rolled it up and sealed the parchment with a tap of her wand.

"Right, I'll take your book recommendations for how to break ou--- I mean, about those who have successfully broken out of Azkaban prison, and in exchange for a letter to your grandpop, I'll even throw in a hat." Bernie nodded. "What colors do you not like, or can I make it a lot of colors?" Because she definitely had some green and red and purple yarn she was hoping to use up before Christmas...

As for Bernie's pathetic little clock? Wellp, she sighed and redirected her focus to finishing it up. She supposed she could toss her actual family on there, if only because they each came with their own signature locations.

Bernadette & Co
Hands:
-Bernadette Grantham
-Blake Ryan
-Ilya Belrose
-Phoebe James
-Juliette Zabini-Riddle
-Edward "Skid" M. Grantham
-Pippa Grantham
-Harry Grantham
-Georgie Grantham
-Ruthie "Gran" Grantham

The Twelve Locations:
-Mum and Dad's flat
-Hogwarts
-Hogsmeade
-Gryffindor Common Room
-Detention
-Class
-Lost
-The Kitchen
-Skid's Flat
-Gran's
-Work
-Mortal Peril

Yep, that would do, she was done, whatever. Bernie wrote her name at the bottom with a flourish, rolled it up and sealed it for fun, and then shoved her two parchments off to the side. She went back to her notebook and pencil to start doodling crocheted hats. Maybe she'd do a whole fall/winter collection for gifts this year.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind