Thread: Street Vendors
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 04:36 AM   #106 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
”Ha!” He barked out a laugh. ”Sorry.” He looked only a bit sheepish. In fact, Kalen really enjoyed making people laugh. He didn’t get the same pleasure out of making Naia laugh as he did Anne, but then, Anne was his special someone here in London. He wasn’t exactly sure what they were, but hey! They were young and so was whatever was going on between the was also young. The word ‘charms’ pulled him out of his thoughts. ”What? Oh…yes. The charm I’ve been using fixes the colloquial spelling issues.” Or at least none of his professors had complained about it. ”I can teach it to you at our first study date.”

”Well, not really. The man just really loved his quidditch.” Kalen had been shoveling more stew and bread into his mouth like a man who hadn’t eaten in weeks, so his words might have been garbled again. In fact, most of his stew and the inner part of the bowl were gone, leaving the hard crusty shell. Was he supposed to eat that too? He certainly was hungry enough to polish it off. ”I think he just wants to spend more time with mom. When she was working they spent a lot of time apart. You know, his traveling for quidditch, her living in various countries for work.” It was actually kind of cute. He hoped one day he’d want to spend time with someone like that. He’d never let his folks know he found them cute though. Nope. Parental affection was supposed to be gross and off putting to offspring. ”What about your folks?” he asked. ”Are they still working?”

He decided to go for the husk of the bowl. ”Reserved huh? Funny, I’d have thought twins told each other everything.” Pause. Maybe he was being rude. ”I mean, aren’t twins supposed to be close?” Pause again. He felt like he was putting his foot into his mouth. ”I bet you hate hearing things like that.” And so he was glad that she changed the subject back to flying. ”Flying class was my worst subject in school. Really pulled my grades down, which I think is unfair. Not everyone was blessed with the ability to enjoy flight.” He tapped hands with her, engaging the high five. He nodded as she talked about school and her parents. [b]”That’s how I felt about going to school in the States. Still,” he tore off a piece of bread with this teeth and chewed for a moment. ”I don’t know…I guess there’s something to be said about tracing their footsteps. Studying from the books they might have used. I guess that’s why I came to College here. It’s where my mom went.” His dad never went to college, having joined professional quidditch out of Hogwarts. ”Well, that and so I could get to know my Grandpappy better. He lives in Banchory.”
She smiled at his bark of laughter, shaking her head at his sudden apology. "Nothing to be sorry for." She liked laughter from people. Laughing usually meant people were HAPPY, or at least having a decent time talking to her, so she was GLAD. Oooh, he could teach her the Charm too!? "Yes please!" She noted the word date in his description of their study session, but did not think anything of it. She was not getting any of that type of vibe from the current conversation, and figured he was probably just using the term because... well, people did that. "I immensely look forward to it! Should we just pick times to meet up in the library at school? Or perhaps you prefer outside of school? I usually jump between library and sometimes somewhere outside. Like St. James Park. Or even the zoo." But that was probably because she also REALLY liked animals. Choosing between pre-Healer studies and magiczoologist had been a very difficult decision.

She chuckled at his words, watching as he polished off the remainder of his stew. She took a couple of more bites of her own, realizing that as per usual she was more focused on talking than actually eating. Her parents consistently teased her on that, as she was always the last to finish and her food always cold. She really should work on that. "It's sweet he wants to spend more time with her. It's nice seeing parents still so in love after all their time together. My parents are going on... 23 years I think? And they're gross and adorable all together with how much my Da worships the ground Mom walks on." Not that she even blamed him. Mom was a force to be reckoned with and quite admirable. "Mine are both still working. Dad works as a Wildlife Ranger, although they usually have him working the desk." Which was fine by her. Less accidents from inside the building. "And my Mom is a Professor at a Wizarding Elementary in the States." And still seemed to love it.

Hearing his words, Naia couldn't help but give a small sigh as she stared at the bowl in her hands and broke off a piece of the bread to nibble on. "I think she tells me more than she tells others, so we're close in that regard but... my sister has gone through a lot. Things I can't even begin to understand. So it's hard for her to talk about it, even to me. I just hope she knows that I'd be there if she ever needed to.." She was being cryptic, and in reality probably hadn't even meant to say any of it out loud, but it was hard for to not dwell on how quiet Regina was sometimes. Even with her. Although, she also knew that was vastly hypocritical as there were things she'd been too embarrassed to tell her sister about as well. She glanced over at him as he mentioned flying had been his worst subject, tilting her head slightly, "Did people give you a lot of grief about that too? Considering your dad's profession?" People were ridiculous and always seemed to assume offspring would be just as good at everything as parents. "I... guess that's true. I had never really considered that when I went to Hogwarts but... I think that actually might be why my younger siblings transferred. Wanted to feel closer to Mom and Dad." Nods as he mentioned his Mom had gone to university in Edinburgh as well. "Mine too. She was glad to have heard I was signing up for classes. Finally, although she's too supportive to have openly said that." Soft smile. "Do you and your grandfather have a good relationship? Or... are starting to?"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start