Thread: Street Vendors
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 12:09 AM   #105 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Naia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
She took his hand and gave it a quick shake, grinning in the process. She was over the moon to have a new study buddy, or even someone not her twin in London. Not that Regina wasn't GREAT company or anything. "I could too. My sister isn't in school and I'm sure I'd bore her with mine if I tried to make her quiz me." She'd probably do it anyways though, because she was the best, but this was save her from that.

"EXACTLY. Also, thanks for the craving I now have for biscuits and gravy." Despite the delicious bowl in front of her, which she was also immensely enjoying. "And yet they look at us when we say things." Well, at least she got looked at like she was nuts. Couldn't really speak for him. "Ooooh, are the spell checks charms able to be location specific?" That was something she'd never thought on, but if so that was SO cool. "I guess in the grand scheme of things the spelling also doesn't matter, but it irks me regardless." She was only the littlest bit a perfectionist at times. But really only in her studies and papers. "Lou is a person, not a restroom." Poor people named Lou... But also, would she be using that as a joke against her younger sister? 100%.

Naia giggled at the air quotes, understanding entirely. Her parents were a bit away from retirement age, but she had a hard time seeing either of them giving up their professions. Even if Dad wasn't SUPER passionate about it, he liked his work as a wildlife ranger and he also liked to be busy. Especially with how busy her mom was. "Workaholic, then? Is your mom hoping he will retire so that they can travel or something?" That's what she would do when she retired. But also, that's what she just DID do following graduation and it was the best experience of her life. Even with all the bad memories and the fact she was now years behind in her studies.

"Telepathy would have been REALLY nice. My twin is pretty reserved and she keeps things to herself a lot..." Which she said more aloud to herself than anything, a small frown appearing on her face, momentarily lost thinking about all the things Regina had gone through. She pulled herself out of it though, focusing on Kalen again and her smile reappearing. Hearing his words, she laughed before putting up her hand for a high five in solidarity. "I understand that! I am absolutely terrible on a broom." She nodded her head, before also accompanying it with a slight shrug at his words. "It was just my experience, but Hogwarts didn't really make me feel any closer to my parents. Yeah, there was pictures of my mom a couple of places but I think I liked feeling closer in physical proximity by still being in the States. Both schools were good though."

”Ha!” He barked out a laugh. ”Sorry.” He looked only a bit sheepish. In fact, Kalen really enjoyed making people laugh. He didn’t get the same pleasure out of making Naia laugh as he did Anne, but then, Anne was his special someone here in London. He wasn’t exactly sure what they were, but hey! They were young and so was whatever was going on between the was also young. The word ‘charms’ pulled him out of his thoughts. ”What? Oh…yes. The charm I’ve been using fixes the colloquial spelling issues.” Or at least none of his professors had complained about it. ”I can teach it to you at our first study date.”

”Well, not really. The man just really loved his quidditch.” Kalen had been shoveling more stew and bread into his mouth like a man who hadn’t eaten in weeks, so his words might have been garbled again. In fact, most of his stew and the inner part of the bowl were gone, leaving the hard crusty shell. Was he supposed to eat that too? He certainly was hungry enough to polish it off. ”I think he just wants to spend more time with mom. When she was working they spent a lot of time apart. You know, his traveling for quidditch, her living in various countries for work.” It was actually kind of cute. He hoped one day he’d want to spend time with someone like that. He’d never let his folks know he found them cute though. Nope. Parental affection was supposed to be gross and off putting to offspring. ”What about your folks?” he asked. ”Are they still working?”

He decided to go for the husk of the bowl. ”Reserved huh? Funny, I’d have thought twins told each other everything.” Pause. Maybe he was being rude. ”I mean, aren’t twins supposed to be close?” Pause again. He felt like he was putting his foot into his mouth. ”I bet you hate hearing things like that.” And so he was glad that she changed the subject back to flying. ”Flying class was my worst subject in school. Really pulled my grades down, which I think is unfair. Not everyone was blessed with the ability to enjoy flight.” He tapped hands with her, engaging the high five. He nodded as she talked about school and her parents. [b]”That’s how I felt about going to school in the States. Still,” he tore off a piece of bread with this teeth and chewed for a moment. ”I don’t know…I guess there’s something to be said about tracing their footsteps. Studying from the books they might have used. I guess that’s why I came to College here. It’s where my mom went.” His dad never went to college, having joined professional quidditch out of Hogwarts. ”Well, that and so I could get to know my Grandpappy better. He lives in Banchory.”