Thread: Street Vendors
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 06:14 PM   #104 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: Kalen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
”Deal,” he said holding out a hand for her to shake. He wondered a little if she was able to read his mind. He smiled. ”I could use a good study partner.” He was sure they would end up in a class or two together. There was usually a mix of years in his classes, well, until you got to the more advanced ones. Besides, he could really use a good friend!

”Biscuits! Yaasss! Biscuits are covered in gravy or filled with molasses. They aren’t sweet. Cookies are sweet!” Oh he was liking this girl. That was for sure. As for spelling differences? Well, ”I have no advice for you on spelling. I usually use a spell check charm on my scrolls and let that take care of it.” He’d never been yelled at for his pronunciations, but he sure had gotten some dirty looks. ”The big one is that the loo is the bathroom.”

She hadn’t crossed a line. It was just that once he mentioned his dad’s profession, people usually wanted to know allll about Tristan Wieland, star beater! He wasn’t jealous of his dad, not at all. In fact he was proud of his father’s accomplishments. His mom’s too. He just didn’t want to blather on about his dad. Sometimes it made it hard to tell if a person was interested in Kalen for himself or for his dad. ”No, he’s currently working as a coach. But I don’t know how much longer he’ll be doing that. He’s been threatening to retire for years.” He might have made air quotes while he said ‘threatening to retire.’

”Poppycock ‘eh?” Well that’s disappointing. I bet telepathy could have come in handy.” Like in tests and all that. He wondered if they were identical? Was it rude to ask? He wasn’t sure and so he didn’t. Instead he merely answered her questions. ”Oh I didn’t play. I usually just cheered on the sidelines. I inherited my mom’s lack of flying skills.” Yep, he was completely rubbish on a broom. Something his girlfriend Anna hadn’t learned yet. At least he hadn’t inherited her fear of heights as well. As for Hogwarts verses Ilvermony? ”I loved Ilvermony. I just sometimes wonder if I missed the opportunity to …I don’t know. Make a connection with my folks by attending Hogwarts.”

She took his hand and gave it a quick shake, grinning in the process. She was over the moon to have a new study buddy, or even someone not her twin in London. Not that Regina wasn't GREAT company or anything. "I could too. My sister isn't in school and I'm sure I'd bore her with mine if I tried to make her quiz me." She'd probably do it anyways though, because she was the best, but this was save her from that.

"EXACTLY. Also, thanks for the craving I now have for biscuits and gravy." Despite the delicious bowl in front of her, which she was also immensely enjoying. "And yet they look at us when we say things." Well, at least she got looked at like she was nuts. Couldn't really speak for him. "Ooooh, are the spell checks charms able to be location specific?" That was something she'd never thought on, but if so that was SO cool. "I guess in the grand scheme of things the spelling also doesn't matter, but it irks me regardless." She was only the littlest bit a perfectionist at times. But really only in her studies and papers. "Lou is a person, not a restroom." Poor people named Lou... But also, would she be using that as a joke against her younger sister? 100%.

Naia giggled at the air quotes, understanding entirely. Her parents were a bit away from retirement age, but she had a hard time seeing either of them giving up their professions. Even if Dad wasn't SUPER passionate about it, he liked his work as a wildlife ranger and he also liked to be busy. Especially with how busy her mom was. "Workaholic, then? Is your mom hoping he will retire so that they can travel or something?" That's what she would do when she retired. But also, that's what she just DID do following graduation and it was the best experience of her life. Even with all the bad memories and the fact she was now years behind in her studies.

"Telepathy would have been REALLY nice. My twin is pretty reserved and she keeps things to herself a lot..." Which she said more aloud to herself than anything, a small frown appearing on her face, momentarily lost thinking about all the things Regina had gone through. She pulled herself out of it though, focusing on Kalen again and her smile reappearing. Hearing his words, she laughed before putting up her hand for a high five in solidarity. "I understand that! I am absolutely terrible on a broom." She nodded her head, before also accompanying it with a slight shrug at his words. "It was just my experience, but Hogwarts didn't really make me feel any closer to my parents. Yeah, there was pictures of my mom a couple of places but I think I liked feeling closer in physical proximity by still being in the States. Both schools were good though."

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start