Thread: Street Vendors
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 02:11 AM   #103 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Naia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Hmm, the rest of her list? Her nose wrinkled as she tried to remember the other courses she was supposed to enroll in next term. "I am terrible with remembering the exact names, but I believe I have something specifically on the dangers of potions side effects and how to counteract, a CoMC course and probably another I'm forgetting." Not that that very vague description was probably at all helpful for him to know what she was actually taking next term. "Let me know if you ever want to meet up in the library though to impart wisdom or help quiz for exams! I'm a year behind, but I'm quite the flashcard handler if you ever need one." And also she needed friends and help herself. So hopefully he took pity on her silent plea for friendship. PLEASE.

Oh my gosh, YES. The jumper! "Biscuits still confuse me. They LOOK like a cookie. But they call them biscuits. Are they actually different or is that just a different word? Also, it's totally a non issue, but how in the world I am supposed to spell grey? Gray? Color... or colour?" It was puzzling, alright, puzzling. She laughed at his example for aluminum, nodding her head in total agreement. "It's WRONG. And then they get upset with us for our pronunciation!"

His reaction to the question of what his parents did seemed... puzzling to her. Was that a line that she had accidentally and unknowingly crossed? Was she trying to be TOO friendly and prying now? She wasn't sure if she should apologize for being nosy or not, as he was still answering the question. She decided to not make it awkward with a possibly unnecessary 'sorry'. "Oh! That's cool that your dad played Quidditch professionally! Mine would be wicked jealous." Poor Dad, Quidditch was always what he had wanted but... it would have been too complicated with his hearing and all. "Does he still play for the American World Cup or work more of an administrative type of position?" Hearing him question if she and her twin had any telepathy, Naia gave a small laugh and shook her head. "Not in the slightest, it's definitely poppycock! Regina and I don't have much in common -- sometimes I think my younger sisters Lucy and Kimberly have more of a similar wavelength than us twins." She couldn't help but smile fondly though, as it wasn't a problem to her that she and her sisters were different. "Regina IS my best friend though, and I'm immensely grateful for her. She's here in London too, working at the ministry."

"Ahh, we probably wouldn't have then. I preferred to be more social than studious. My grades at Ilvermony always suffered for it. I didn't start taking any of it seriously until about my 5th year." Ooops? At least she'd been able to get herself back on track, with PLENTY of help. "Were you on the team? Which position was your preference?" Hmm, hearing him say it sounded like she didn't want to transfer, she just gave a tiny shrug. She might not have wanted too, but she preferred to be with family so it had been the right idea at the time. But which did she PREFER? "I think Ilvermony for me... I had more friends there, there wasn't confusion over what people said and it was closer to home. Also, Ilvermony seemed calmer than Hogwarts by FAR." But, when family needed you, you went. And Regina had had a LOT on her plate their final few years. "Did you wish you could have gone to Hogwarts?"

”Deal,” he said holding out a hand for her to shake. He wondered a little if she was able to read his mind. He smiled. ”I could use a good study partner.” He was sure they would end up in a class or two together. There was usually a mix of years in his classes, well, until you got to the more advanced ones. Besides, he could really use a good friend!

”Biscuits! Yaasss! Biscuits are covered in gravy or filled with molasses. They aren’t sweet. Cookies are sweet!” Oh he was liking this girl. That was for sure. As for spelling differences? Well, ”I have no advice for you on spelling. I usually use a spell check charm on my scrolls and let that take care of it.” He’d never been yelled at for his pronunciations, but he sure had gotten some dirty looks. ”The big one is that the loo is the bathroom.”

She hadn’t crossed a line. It was just that once he mentioned his dad’s profession, people usually wanted to know allll about Tristan Wieland, star beater! He wasn’t jealous of his dad, not at all. In fact he was proud of his father’s accomplishments. His mom’s too. He just didn’t want to blather on about his dad. Sometimes it made it hard to tell if a person was interested in Kalen for himself or for his dad. ”No, he’s currently working as a coach. But I don’t know how much longer he’ll be doing that. He’s been threatening to retire for years.” He might have made air quotes while he said ‘threatening to retire.’

”Poppycock ‘eh?” Well that’s disappointing. I bet telepathy could have come in handy.” Like in tests and all that. He wondered if they were identical? Was it rude to ask? He wasn’t sure and so he didn’t. Instead he merely answered her questions. ”Oh I didn’t play. I usually just cheered on the sidelines. I inherited my mom’s lack of flying skills.” Yep, he was completely rubbish on a broom. Something his girlfriend Anna hadn’t learned yet. At least he hadn’t inherited her fear of heights as well. As for Hogwarts verses Ilvermony? ”I loved Ilvermony. I just sometimes wonder if I missed the opportunity to …I don’t know. Make a connection with my folks by attending Hogwarts.”