Thread: Street Vendors
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 05:01 AM   #102 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Kalen laughed too, grateful that she didn’t think he was a big dweeb. She was growing on him, that was for sure. ”What else is on your list? Most of the other professors aren’t terrible, but some can be very dry.” Too bad she was a term behind him, because he could really use a study budy. It had been hard studying for everything by himself the last year and he hadn’t really met anyone he’d clicked with. Well, besides Anna. Just the thought of her made him a little bubbly. Only she was not the studious type. Not-at-all!

Terrible puns? Was there such a thing as terrible puns? ”Well, what do you have problems with? I’d be happy to work as your translator. I think the worst is when they say they’re putting a jumper. I hear that and think they’re going to leap off a cliff. And Al-u-mini-um? Nope. It’s uh-loo-muh-nuhm…” He chuckled, although a part of his brain registered that he was babbling.

Ahh, a fellow traveler. She nodded her head as he spoke, outlining the different places he had lived. She noted he mentioned his parents had moved a bit for work, so she couldn't stop herself from inquiring what they did. "What do they do? Your parents?" She thought for a moment, trying to remember much about her parent's moving patterns. "I don't remember where my mom was born, but Dad grew up in Dublin. My twin sister and I were born here in London, but my mom was offered a teaching position in the States so they relocated us to Boston for awhile. Then she got another offer and we ended up in Alaska where we pretty much stayed."

And there it was, the what did your parents do for a living. ”Mum’s a retired Ambassador for the British Ministry. And dad? Well, he ah…” Kalen rubbed his nose with the back of his hand. ”Dad was a Beater for the Falmouth Falcons. Now he’s working with the American World Cup team…so they’re living in Boston near my folks right now.” Naia herself just kept getting more and more interesting. ”Twin sister eh? I bet that’s interesting. Do you guy have telepathic abilities or is that just poppycock?” Kalen was a only child himself and therefore found relations between siblings interesting.

”We might have. But only if you spent a lot of time in the library. I was kind of a- ah- bookworm.” He coughed out bookworm as if he was a bit embarrassed about it. ”Although I spent a good deal of time at the quidditch pitch too.” With a professional quidditch player for a dad? Of course he did. He was chewing on a piece of meat while she talked about transferring. ”Sounds like you didn’t really want to transfer. My folks always said Hogwarts was amazing. Having attended both schools, which did you like better?” He’d always wondered a little if he had missed out on something by not attending his folks alma matter.
Hmm, the rest of her list? Her nose wrinkled as she tried to remember the other courses she was supposed to enroll in next term. "I am terrible with remembering the exact names, but I believe I have something specifically on the dangers of potions side effects and how to counteract, a CoMC course and probably another I'm forgetting." Not that that very vague description was probably at all helpful for him to know what she was actually taking next term. "Let me know if you ever want to meet up in the library though to impart wisdom or help quiz for exams! I'm a year behind, but I'm quite the flashcard handler if you ever need one." And also she needed friends and help herself. So hopefully he took pity on her silent plea for friendship. PLEASE.

Oh my gosh, YES. The jumper! "Biscuits still confuse me. They LOOK like a cookie. But they call them biscuits. Are they actually different or is that just a different word? Also, it's totally a non issue, but how in the world I am supposed to spell grey? Gray? Color... or colour?" It was puzzling, alright, puzzling. She laughed at his example for aluminum, nodding her head in total agreement. "It's WRONG. And then they get upset with us for our pronunciation!"

His reaction to the question of what his parents did seemed... puzzling to her. Was that a line that she had accidentally and unknowingly crossed? Was she trying to be TOO friendly and prying now? She wasn't sure if she should apologize for being nosy or not, as he was still answering the question. She decided to not make it awkward with a possibly unnecessary 'sorry'. "Oh! That's cool that your dad played Quidditch professionally! Mine would be wicked jealous." Poor Dad, Quidditch was always what he had wanted but... it would have been too complicated with his hearing and all. "Does he still play for the American World Cup or work more of an administrative type of position?" Hearing him question if she and her twin had any telepathy, Naia gave a small laugh and shook her head. "Not in the slightest, it's definitely poppycock! Regina and I don't have much in common -- sometimes I think my younger sisters Lucy and Kimberly have more of a similar wavelength than us twins." She couldn't help but smile fondly though, as it wasn't a problem to her that she and her sisters were different. "Regina IS my best friend though, and I'm immensely grateful for her. She's here in London too, working at the ministry."

"Ahh, we probably wouldn't have then. I preferred to be more social than studious. My grades at Ilvermony always suffered for it. I didn't start taking any of it seriously until about my 5th year." Ooops? At least she'd been able to get herself back on track, with PLENTY of help. "Were you on the team? Which position was your preference?" Hmm, hearing him say it sounded like she didn't want to transfer, she just gave a tiny shrug. She might not have wanted too, but she preferred to be with family so it had been the right idea at the time. But which did she PREFER? "I think Ilvermony for me... I had more friends there, there wasn't confusion over what people said and it was closer to home. Also, Ilvermony seemed calmer than Hogwarts by FAR." But, when family needed you, you went. And Regina had had a LOT on her plate their final few years. "Did you wish you could have gone to Hogwarts?"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start