Thread: Ecological: The Greenhouses
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 05:36 AM   #96 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

SPOILER!!: Arabella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
The woman turned out to be Penelope who was apologizing for the man (whose name turned out to be Oliver). She gave them both a kind smile. "Pleasure to meet you, Penelope, and Oliver," she nodded her head towards them very civilly and extended a hand to them. "I'm Arabella Morgenstern. I'm a IUMO Junior Investigator in the MLE Department." She was not expecting to he paused when Oliver asked if they had met before. Umm.. She looked... familiar? At first, she thought it was some lame pick-up line before she analyzed his face, noting his eyes. AH. She'd never forget eyes like those. They were was just something about his eyes... Something playful that she knew she wouldn't forget.
Her own golden hazel eyes widened when he seemed to recognize her. "I did attend that meeting that is correct," she nodded. "You do look familiar. I think we sat next to each other." Her cheeks flushed pink when she realized how rude not recognizing him could have come across. "[/b]Sorry for not recognizing you sooner. We were going to grab a drink. Do you want to come with us?[/b]"

Oliver was here to mingle, and network not flirt, but these two very attractive ladies were making it hard to hold that promise. But Penelope’s presence kept him grounded. "It’s perfectly okay Arabella. There is no need to apologize." Oliver reassured. First day and many faces to remember so he could relate to why she didn’t recognize him right away, but didn’t you always remember good-looking faces a little extra, especially when they sat next to you? Maybe it was just him? Smoothing over her flushed cheeks he asked hoping to distract her. "MLE department, that’s cool! Did you want to work with catching bad guys when you applied for the ministry?" He exchanged a questioning glance with Penny before he responded. "A drink sounds lovely. I hope they have something cold and refreshing to drink." Like cider or pumpkin juice or even a butterbeer. [/FONT]

SPOILER!!: Adam, Anya, Grae + Announcer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Adam had the funny feeling that someone else had found their way over to the fanged Geraniums. He had squatted down to get a better look at one of the plants, but at the feeling he looked over the tops of a few of the plants. Hmmm…he adjusted his glasses and then stood up. He couldn’t fully see who it was, but something about the energy the lady was putting out told him it was his favorite fellow unspeakable. ”Laurel,” He said taking his glasses off so he could clean them, as if cleaning them would make him better able to see. ”You look lofely zis efening.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
From her peripheral vision, Anya had already noticed her colleague approaching and so she took one sip from her drink, for that dramatic effect, and then looked at Laurel with a pleasant smile. "Evening, Laurel," the astronomer greeted. "Quite am. A quick break from time to time is appreciated." Even when she had just mentioned the vortex, but Anya was personally determined not to mention it again.
As for the cheese straws, she shook her head. "I'm afraid I haven't." Anya didn't need any of them, so she hadn't actively looked for it at the beverage table or wherever. "But apple cider, they probably have some here tonight." Then again, that particular beverage wasn't her kind of drink either.
Anya was not feeling strongly enough about plant-watching but at the same time, she didn't mind. She side-glanced at Grae to see if she wanted to go. "I'll come if you want," she offered. Third-wheeling was not ideal, and she sort of knew Grae would get the unspoken message there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireheart View Post
"Not weird at all," Grae reassured the woman with a smile. "I had a weird craving for a chocolate frog all afternoon yesterday. And I haven't had one of those since my Hogwarts days!" Which were starting to feel like distant memories. It had only been three years since she graduated, but she missed the school every day. She was especially worried about everything going on with the vortex. Grae laughed at Anya's comment about the independent women. "I'll toast to that!" She clinked her champagne glass with Anya's. "Well it's great to meet you both." It was always fun to meet people from Mysteries. A curious department indeed.
And then Laurel was asking them to check out some plants. Grae didn't really feel one way or the other - she'd be happy to do whatever. She was just happy to be surrounded by so many nice coworkers. Some of the plants did look pretty, and even though she didn't know a whole lot about herbology, she would be happy to peruse the greenhouse. She nodded in agreement. "Sure, let's check them out!"
[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Announcer View Post
Did it just get warmer in here?
It did!
Which means the show was starting. The heat increase was especially noticeable the closer to the star attraction you are. A few other details also signaled that the plant of the hour was starting to bloom.
The red ‘skirt’ of the plant began to fold down looking very much like a deep red and glistening, a raw steak. Oddly enough, the chemicals produced by the corpse flower vary in range. At first, you may smell the faint scent of jasmine. But soon, pungent smells begin filling the room.
Perhaps to you it smells like a funky cheese? Rotting garlic? The Sulphur of rotten eggs?

Laurel was waiting for Aaron to find her some apple juice, but until he did, she settled on a glass of what looked like iced pumpkin juice. As she took a sip the unmistakable voice of Adam’s reached her ears. Looking around she spotted him and called over, not bothering with a wave knowing how bad his vision was. "Good evening Adam! Why thank you. You look very dashing yourself." Peering past him at the fanged geranium she warned. "Adam you should take a few steps away from that geranium or something bad will happen." Regardless of security spells, some plants had other ideas and she didn’t want to see him get hurt.

She couldn’t agree more whole-heartedly with Anya’s sentiment. Grae then interjected that cravings weren’t weird at all, but Laurel’s came very frequent because of her current condition which she had told very few about. Smiling she said, "I'm relieved to hear I'm not being weird." If they knew she was an experienced seer too, then maybe they’d change their minds. Taking another ice-cold sip of juice she joined in the toasting. "It’s great to meet you too Grae."

For a second or two she wondered where Aaron had gone before she focused on her plant watching wing-women and gestured to the main star of the greenhouse. "Shall we go take a closer look at the main attraction of the night then? The corpse flower looks exquisite." Not waiting for an answer Laurel started to lead the way over to stop in front of the corpse flower’s do not touch sign and minimal decorations. "It’s really beautiful. Have either of you seen a corpse flower before?" She wondered, with a look at the other two ladies. She hadn't stood there long before it was starting to get very warm and soon her dress felt like it was sticking to her skin. Laurel was about to ask Anya and Grae if they felt it too when the corpse flower began to bloom and she looked on mesmerized until the acute pungent smells of rotten eggs and garlic combined with the extreme heat started to make her feel very dizzy and she began to sway heavily on the spot. "I don’t feel too good." She mumbled almost inaudibly to nobody in particular before she fainted and singled down to the floor like a falling shedded flower petal.