Thread: Ecological: The Greenhouses
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 03:21 PM   #83 (permalink)
Kimothy

MO & DMLE
Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yukie Selina Rasting
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sailor Zhang
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skeet Octavian Sayse
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Ariadne Lysandra Ackerly
Law Enforcement
x12
Kimothée Chalamet • The UWU Agenda • Once Baby, Now Trouble • All Growed Up

Another thing Bryant wasn't expecting tonight: a beauty and brains reunion. While he's not used to doing all the talking, he was taking a metaphorically sidestep to let the former contestants catch up.

He bowed a bit in response to Genny. "Pleasure's all mine, getting to meet you," Bryant said. It's not all the time he ran into and got the opportunity to introduce himself to professional Quidditch players.

"Bryant...with a T," the man politely corrected with a smile, and with yet another casual pat on Jessica's arm. He could just sense his sister's amusement, he was right beside her. It's not the first time the last letter was dropped either, but he seemed like an honest mistake. Bryant had also caught the look from David which, to him, almost made the other man look grumpy. But he understood that look, especially when it was him currently on the receiving end of the sibling embarrassment. The twenty-six-year-old replied to him with a casual one-shoulder shrug. There will be no words of protest from Bryant when they were in a formal event—one where he was only a guest.

Ah! That question from Chloe about his job wasn't the first time he's heard it too. The two professions were sometimes interchanged or considered as one, but it's just a misconception. "I use softwares to 'put' buildings together. My job focuses more on the functionalities and technicalities." That is opposed to architects who handle the aesthetics, on top of those. While that's fun too, he preferred doing things with a computer.

With both ladies accepting his offer to get them drinks, Bryant unlooped his arm from Jessica's hold and smiled. "I'll be right back. Excuse me." With that, he moved towards the direction of the beverage table. He could handle holding three glasses in his two hands, yes? Of course, he can. Everyone has that one friend who keeps offering them drinks, and Bryant was exactly that designated friend.

———

From her peripheral vision, Anya had already noticed her colleague approaching and so she took one sip from her drink, for that dramatic effect, and then looked at Laurel with a pleasant smile. "Evening, Laurel," the astronomer greeted. "Quite am. A quick break from time to time is appreciated." Even when she had just mentioned the vortex, but Anya was personally determined not to mention it again.

As for the cheese straws, she shook her head. "I'm afraid I haven't." Anya didn't need any of them, so she hadn't actively looked for it at the beverage table or wherever. "But apple cider, they probably have some here tonight." Then again, that particular beverage wasn't her kind of drink either.

.......That was until a man (Aaron) arrived and told Laurel that she didn't actually like apples. Then and there, a look of mild confusion masked Anya's face. Nevertheless, she greeted the man with an acknowledging nod too.

Anya was thankful for someone to distract her from the rather awkward exchange their between her mysteries coworker and her plus one, she assumed. The astronomer turned to the side, facing the other woman (Grae), though she did not know her but Anya was a fan of women sticking with women. "We like independent women in this household," she grinned. "I believe we haven't, indeed. Anya, from Mysteries. Space chamber." She held her glass up for Grae. A clink for single women out there, perhaps?

She let Grae and Laurel introduce themselves, and then turned towards Laurel's husband. Not her plus one, but apparently a ministry colleague too. That was duly noted. "Great meeting you, Aaron," Anya said.

Anya was not feeling strongly enough about plant-watching but at the same time, she didn't mind. She side-glanced at Grae to see if she wanted to go. "I'll come if you want," she offered. Third-wheeling was not ideal, and she sort of knew Grae would get the unspoken message there.

———

Kat had noticed the man (Sachin) with whom Eureka was talking to. While she did not want to insert herself in their conversation, she had managed a polite smile as a greeting to him. She was, however, able to catch a tidbit of information about him. An ambassador. That was interesting.

"Almost didn't think you'd return," Kat replied. Many would take at least a year or two away, so five to her was quite some time. "But it's great to have familiar faces come back." The blond has indeed seen so many people from their department come and go, both temporarily and permanently.

"I would say it's been the same old, work as usual." Except she wasn't about to bring up that misty expedition to Hogwarts three years ago. That experience left invisible scars in Kat. "That aside, I'm also worried about the vortex situation at Hogwarts. My eldest, it's her first year there." No communication of any kind just wasn't sitting well with the enforcement head.

Enough of that rather troubling news, though. "What about you? What were you up to in the past five years?"

___________________________________And the whole wide world is whistling...