Thread: Ecological: The Greenhouses
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 01:21 AM   #79 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default Lots of Name Drops - - Adam is open!
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

”Ask me again when we get home.” There no way he was relaying the story here, others might overhear. Having Sachin laugh at him was one thing. But other people? Well, Conley wasn’t sure he had the self-confidence to face that. As for this second question? Conley shrugged. Aiery marched to his own drum and so Conley didn’t know what the man had been thinking when he set off the wards. ”At least other people now know not to touch.” He turned back to Eureka ”It’s that bad is it?” he asked smiling. ”Well, thank you for the warning. I’ll make sure we’re on the other side of the green house by then.”

While Eureka began talking to someone she appeared to know, Conley watched Sachin slip off. It was then that he spotted Valentin. Why was the French Ambassador here? Conley swore the man lived to make his life miserable. For a moment, he wondered if Sachin was heading towards Valentin, but no…he was approaching another young man. From this distance, Conley couldn’t make out who it was though. ”Excuse me ladies,” he said looking towards the drinks table. ”I think a glass of something is calling my name.” He slipped off towards the drink table.

~~*~~

He had been completely aware for both Arabella and Louise’s eyes on him as he passed by. Had they not been engaged in conversation with others, he might have stopped to flirt with them. He could have used the practice. Since he’d met Alba, he hadn’t been on a proper date or properly flirted with anyone. Yet another thing to blame on Alba. First she softened more of his snarky edged than he’d care to admit. Then she weaseled her way into his weekly schedule (when he was in Britain). And now? Now she killed his mojo.

And speaking of Alba, apparently he had thought her name too many times for she suddenly appeared at his elbow. ”You look lovely. Nu drez?” He took her hand and twirled her so she could show it off. As for what he was drinking? He looked into it then handed it over to her. ”Ai am not éxact-lee sure. But join me.” He reached for another drink.

~~*~~

Adam had been in the greenhouse for a while. He’d just been hiding busy observing the fanged geraniums in the back corner. Unlike his plant at home, the fanged geraniums here didn’t seem to have it out for him. In fact they didn’t’ eve seem to care that he was around. Maybe the wards that had been tossed up in here to keep people from messing with the plants blocked out whatever it was he had that seemed to aggravate Fang at home. And yes, Adam named his plants, in case anyone was wondering.

Last edited by Krel Ansell; 06-23-2020 at 02:19 AM.